Is there any way to use 2 fingers on my iPhone at once?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WBT7, Jul 18, 2016.

1. WBT7 macrumors newbie

I recently dropped my iPhone 5 on the floor and a section of the right side of the screen is now just a black bar and is unresponsive, however the rest of the screen still works. In order to unlock my phone, I need to press 6 (because this is part of my passcode) however i cannot because part of the right side of the screen is unresponsive, so basically i am unable to unlock my iPhone 5 and use it or back up my data. The rest of my passcode contains digits along the left or middle of my iPhone screen (which are working fine) so i simply need to press the digit 6 on the iPhone unlock screen. On the passcode unlock screen, I am able to slide this screen to the left so that the digits 3,6 & 9 are in the middle, but i am unable to press any of the digits because i have one finger keeping the unlock screen on slid on the left, and it seems that my iPhone does not let me use my other finger at the same time. Basically, is there any way I could use 2 fingers on my screen at once, one finger to keep the screen in place and another to press 6 (now in the middle of my screen)? Or are there any things I could buy or techniques i could use that can keep the screen in the moved position while i press 6 at the same time, so that my iPhone registers my other finger on the touchscreen? I have an iPhone 5 on the newest version of iOS.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I'm sorry this doesn't answer your question, but why not replace the screen/digitizer?

3. WBT7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to buy the iPhone 7 in September, so i dont really feel like spending on a screen replacement for an old iPhone 5.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 18, 2016 ---
    How would I be able to replace the screen by myself?

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Search eBay for a $30 screen + digitizer replacement kit.
    Search YouTube for "iPhone 5 screen replacement"