Is there anybody who wants to start playing World of Warcraft?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by dangioffre, Oct 12, 2010.

1. dangioffre macrumors newbie

Let me recruit you plz.. :D Post ur email below.. We can play 2gether and level much faster. You dont have to pay if u dont like it.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You mean via Recruit-a-friend? You probably don't want to have people post their e-mail in the thread though lest they get spammed.

3. dangioffre thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea recruit a friend. Pms work too lol.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

5. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I would play, if I had more time and a more powerful computer :p

6. king8s macrumors newbie

7. aCondor macrumors 6502

Why are newbies' first posts always a resurrection of long dead threads with no hope of a response by the original poster? ;)

8. ehoui macrumors regular

There seems to be an increase in dead-thread resurrection. I'm speculating there's some game underway, and we're merely pawns...:eek:

9. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

Ah yes; a fine example of thread necromancy.
    :D

10. Ceebee1980 macrumors regular

What is recruit-a-friend?
    I actually was looking to join up with some peeps in an earlier thread today. Just got a 15" MBP

11. FubsyGamr macrumors regular

Recruit-a-Friend is a system where one (currently active) WoW player recruits someone else (a new WoW player) into the game. If you (the new guy) then purchase the full game, as well as a month of game time, then you both get benefits.

The most notable is that, if you are in a party together and within 100 yards of each other, you get 3x as much XP, from level 1-60. I did this, and I got my toon 1-60 in about 3 days, as opposed to 1-2 weeks (this was back in November of 2009, before Cata).

Also, you, the new guy, can grant any of his charactors 1 level for every 2 that you gain (as long as their charactor is lower level than you).

Here's what me and my buddy did: we started 2 charactors, level 1. We then pushed ourselves up to 60 asap, and then I worked my way up to 80 on my own (the benefits all stop at 60). I did 60-80 alone because he already had multiple 80's. While I went 60-80, he got another guy 1-30. I then granted him 30 levels (60 levels, 1 grant per 2 levels = 30 grants), and he had another guy at 60. It's a pretty sweet system.

Anywho, I hope that made sense, as I have been in WoW for so long that I forget what terms are common knowledge, and which ones are not (e.g. Toon, XP, 1-60, etc).

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Didn't you guys get see the news release that WoW was closing down the end of fiscal 2011?

13. Hastings101, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Oh noooooooooo :(

edit: It's even confirmed on the official website :mad:, this sucks

14. Ceebee1980 macrumors regular

Well that's just because of the whole internets closing at the same time. Was fun while it lasted...

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'm willing to bet that once it does shut down WoW will live on either by Blizzard releasing the game or by bootleg servers...

16. Ungibbed macrumors 6502

Ungibbed

April first anyone?

I play occasional spurts on WoW. I just get burned out on it. After being a long time player of Everquest for the PC, I just don't feel like grinding all over again.

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Think about how many involuntary twinges that occurred among the addicts. I'm still on the wagon. ;)

18. Ungibbed macrumors 6502

Ungibbed

I cave in sometimes when Blizzard tries to bait me to come back. Within that free week of play, I'm burnt out on it and go back to playing Fable. :cool: