Is there anyone who has NOT updated their MBP with the EFI 1.7 Firmware?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OutSpoken, Jun 25, 2009.

1. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Sorry if this was asked before, but I did a search and couldn't see anything directly related to the question.

Anyway like the title says...

Is there anyone with the new 13" MBP who has for some reason NOT gone ahead with the firmware update? and if so why?

I'm asking because I'm reading some people say they've noticed performance reductions and some saying they it's definitely fixed the sata 1.5 issue:confused:

Cheers

2. kindtampa macrumors newbie

kindtampa

I have not upgraded even though I have not upgraded my hard drive. Though I do plan on doing it in the future.

3. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

I have a 15 and didnt because it sounds like a crappy update. A lot of people cant boot and are getting slower performance. I have the stock 5400rpm drive so I dont have any reason to do it but I dont want to get screwed later if they never fix it (which is highly doubtful knowing apple).

It seems like Apple is just acting like a baby and saying "fine. here" by throwing out what they knew didnt work well without taking the time to get stable SATA 2 support. But its ok, they put a warning about third party devices not working correctly.