Is there anything new on the inCase Slider for the iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by weezite, Aug 4, 2008.

1. weezite macrumors regular

A lot of you guys are ahead of the curve when it comes to things like this. Does anyone know when these are getting released?

Holy ****, who knew finding a case for the iPhone 3G would be so impossible. :(

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

"During August" is the only thing I've seen on their website...

I too am hoping they release this sooner rather than later. The one for the first gen was by far my favorite case.

3. slapppy macrumors 65816

I really think waiting for reviews is a good idea for these hard shell cases. Just about all of them have caused scratches on the metal bezel on the iPhones. Some cases the actual back gets all scratched up. It's aggravating that you buy a case to protect your pristine device and only to find it all scratched up a few months down the line, simply by trying to protect it.

4. slapppy macrumors 65816

Did it scratch up your metal bezel or back of the 1st gen iPhone?

5. capitation macrumors newbie

I called InCase today and Customer Support said that the Slider will be available from their website on Aug 15. They also said that stores like Target and the Apple Store should get it two weeks after, so approx Aug 29.

We'll see...

6. weezite thread starter macrumors regular

Anybody ever deal with their website before? Do they ship fast?

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I liked the incase slider for my 1st gen phone so much because it DID NOT scratch the phone at all! It let a very very minimal amount of crud in the sides, but since it was a hard case that fit so well it didn't allow the stuff to be ground around on the phone and scratch it, like the silicon cases. I had all kinds of cases (silicon skins, a Vaja case I paid out the hind side for, clear hard cases and the list goes on) and the slider easily blew them out of the water. Assuming incase doesn't change thngs for some reason, the case should be great.

8. weezite thread starter macrumors regular

It's good to hear that this is coming out soon. Seriously, who would've known that it would be so hard to find a case for the 3G. This will be my fourth one. I previously had the Griffin Wave (which didn't fully protect the phone and felt like it would pop open if I dropped the phone), the iSkin Revo2 (which is very and very protective, but isn't dockable as I previously thought and covers up too much of the iPhone's sleekness), and the Griffin Nu Form (which is probably the nicest mix of style and protection, I'll probably stick with this until the inCase Slider comes out). I've heard such good things about the Slider for the first gen iPhone and have been anxiously lookng forward to this one as I feel like it will be THE case for me. I just wish it was released at launch. :(

9. allurbase macrumors member

Anyone have double confirmation of this? Might look into getting one..

10. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

did you think about trying out the contour flick? i haven't tried it yet, but based on pictures, it seems like they are similar products (hard back, but is easily dockable)

11. roxychicx23 macrumors newbie

Iphone 3G slider case available

You are able to buy the 3g slider case from www.goincase.com.

12. tchait macrumors newbie

Pictures of Black Incase Slider for iPhone 3G

My local Apple Store had a new shipment of the Incase Slider case for the new iPhone. I traded out my Orange Incase Protective Cover for the black matte Slider.

Attached Files: