Is there anyway to already have a password filled out when I go to a website?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by egrocket, May 13, 2015.

1. egrocket macrumors newbie

I'm in Safari. Running 10.10.1 Yosemite. I understand that autofill is an option under safari preferences, however it is never automatically filled when I go to a website. For example when I go to a website, I have to click the username and select autofill. Is there anyway to bypass this step?

2. JSB1540 macrumors 6502

Use a password manager app. I like Dashlane.

3. egrocket thread starter macrumors newbie

the thing is- on my friends mac they are all automatically filled, but I cannot figure out what is different. Also I am a little worried about giving passwords to a third party app.

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Check that the password settings in Safari show "Autofill User names & passwords"

Any reason you haven't updated to 10.10.3? Safari (and the rest of your Yosemite system) will get recommended security updates that are included with that update. All you need to do is accept that update to 10.10.3 in your App Store/Updates tab. It's a very large update (over 1 GB), and may take 30 minutes or so to complete.

5. egrocket thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah so like I said in the OP- I recognize the autofill setting and it is selected, but I still have to click the username and then click autofill.

There isn't a real reason why I haven't updated yet, other than just being lazy:)

6. crjackson2134 macrumors 68020

crjackson2134

Have a look at your settings for cookies. That said, not all websites (banking for instance) will allow for this.