Is there anyway to get rid of “sunset” card?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RMSko, Sep 24, 2017.

1. RMSko macrumors 6502

I like the Siri watch face, but instead of telling me the weather for my area, it only tells me the time of the sunset - all day long. I don’t think I need to be constantly reminded of what time the sun will set and have no idea why it never instead tells the weather in my area. I believe you were once able to disable the “sunrise/sunset” aspect in the weather app, but not anymore. Anyone have any ideas?

2. profets macrumors 601

Hmm, good question. When looking at the Siri face in the Watch app on iOS, you have a list of data sources but sunrise/sunset isn’t one of them.

3. RMSko thread starter macrumors 6502

I think it’s part of the weather app, but instead of telling me the weather it’s telling me this useless information.

4. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

You are correct, sunset data is part of the weather card.

Sam

5. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

Mine gets stuck on sunset whenever I exit out of customizing the face.

Scrolling the crown up and down un-sticks it.

Seems to be a bug.

6. RMSko thread starter macrumors 6502

Scrolling the crown up and down takes you to "All-Day" mode, which does show the weather. However, that's not the Siri watch face as it doesn't include the complications. You need to hit the time on the top right, which brings you back to the Siri watch face and when I do that, I'm back to getting that sunset card. Does yours do that?

7. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

Ugh, yes. Mine does exactly that. I was misinterpreting what I was seeing earlier today.

I think I'm going to pass on the Siri face for now. It seems a bit random. I like predictability.

8. sarc macrumors member

hmmm mine does not show the sunset/rise card at all. I would like to see these.

9. RMSko thread starter macrumors 6502

For me this watch face is useless. I deleted weather as a potential card and so now all it does is show the same thing all day long. Today - all it showed was calendar events in both cards. For example, it didn’t once show the stock market once, even though that’s a card. I think I’m also gonna use a different face - which is a shame because I really liked the concept of this.