Is there anyway to hook a Wii or 360 up to a ACD?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SandersHokie, Jan 20, 2008.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

Could I purchase any cords to do it?

I can't decide on if i want to get an Apple Cinema Display or get another type of screen.

2. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

It would be a waste to buy an ACD just for a Wii or 360 (you're better off getting another screen)... are you using it with a Mac as well?

3. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

Realistically, the most viable solution is to connect it via an EyeTV S-video connection. This does mean your computer has to be running but the ACD only has DVI input and while it is technically feasible to connect the HDMI output of the 360 via an HDMI-DVI adapter it is likely that the ACD won't like the 1920x1080 input.

I have sat using my laptop and my EyeTV Hybrid to view my Xbox360, PS2 or Wii and it works OK although it is also only Standard Def.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I suggest getting a Dell or a Gateway with Component inputs for the Wii and VGA for the XBox 360.

5. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

Do you experience any delays in pressing a button and seeing the reaction on screen?

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I did when using my EyeTV for gaming. It'll slide for a turn based RPG but for a twitch fest fighting game it hurts when there's a few hundred millisecond delay.