Is there anyway to make iTunes less laggy with my iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sief9, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Sief9 macrumors newbie

I got a 16GB 1G Touch and iTunes 8.

It always freezes for like 45 seconds when I connect my iPod, and is just plain laggy as hell when I'm trying to transfer songs or basically do anything.

So is there any kind of hack or program that'll make it A LOT less laggy?

2. ttech10 macrumors 6502

What are the specs of your computer? That alone may be the problem.

3. Sief9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

Intel(R)
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
    2.79 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

It's good though, it's not crappy at all, so I pretty much doubt its my computer.

4. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Hmm, I don't know then. I have the same problem on my mom's computer (low specs) but thinking about it, I used to have the same type of problem with my desktop, but never really cared to figure out why it was like that... but now it works fine.

It could be the computer (depends on what else is running), but with 2.8GHz and 2GB RAM I wouldn't think it would be that bad. If iTunes has to open whenever you plug in the iPod (instead of it already being open) then that could be the problem.

I Google'd it and found some of the same problems from people, but with no real way to fix it, so maybe someone here can give a more advanced answer... but I'm still guessing that it would be something computer hardware wise.

5. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

try updating ur windows to service pack 3! otherwise ur good. and don't be worried itunes for windows is like this for everyone, even for me it lags like hell.

6. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

its not the computer's fault, its apple horrible coding of itunes for windows.