is there -anyway- to print to my Epson 595 wirelessly??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by milesdavis, Apr 15, 2008.

1. milesdavis macrumors regular

milesdavis

Hi all --

I'm a little frustrated, as there doesn't seem to be a solution. I'm trying to print to my Epson RX595 wirelessly, and everything I've read here says the Airport Express will -not- let me do so because of a Leopard-Epson error.

Also, the printer itself is bluetooth ready, but the bluetooth adaptor Epson sells says "Print wirelessly from your Windows XP machine!"

Argh!

Thanks - MD

2. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

3. seeker777 macrumors member

seeker777

Possible work around?

I have an older Epson model 860 for which I use the gimp print driver because there is no longer driver support for the model. It works fine, and the only difference I have found is that I can no longer check ink levels from the computer - not a catastrophic loss.

Is it possible that the gimp driver will also work with the RX595, and perhaps simply lose some advanced features like the ink level checker?

Oh yeah, my Epson is connected to an Airport Express, so that's not an issue with gimp.

4. milesdavis thread starter macrumors regular

milesdavis

Thanks for the responses. I will check out that thread.

:)

MD

5. milesdavis thread starter macrumors regular

milesdavis

I'm curious -- has this problem been resolved YET?? :)

6. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

you can also try the method in the thread above and see if that works for you.