Is there anyway to protect the palm area of the MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by devilstrider, Oct 8, 2010.

1. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

You know with out buying that expensive silver cover best buy has on its site?

Do you think screen protectors will work? Because radio shack sells some that you cut to your liking.

2. andrew086 macrumors regular

really? $20 isn't that much. You spent >$1000, probably more like >$1500 for the computer. If you want the protection, spend the $20. And if you're going to use a screen protector you might as well just use packing tape.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There are lots of palm guards for MBPs. Moshi makes a lot of them.

4. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actully they are 23.00+ shipping.

I only see them on bestbuy.com though. You got any other sites that have them?

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Just asking, but "protect" ... from what exactly?

6. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

Best buy it came to 30+ with shipping. The main site its 23.00. I'll get it from there.

Just natural oils from your skin.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Okay, but still ... what is going to happen if you don't have one?

Personally, I don't think anything will happen to the computer and the computer will still show signs of wear sooner or later (especially the keyboard. my keyboard is already a bit shiny and I just got it a few months ago, but I don't really care, its just a computer) and the computer is still going to age as time progresses.

8. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just ordered a palmguard and a clearguard. Came to 48 because they are doing free shipping to the U.S. for a short time. Best buy it would have been over 60. Now you see why i said it was expensive? Best buy kills you in shipping and tax. The main site did not charge me tax as well.

I know that but i don't like how the silver coating came off on other MBP's. I got a keyboard cover as well.:D

9. ihonda macrumors 68000

10. rekhyt macrumors 65816

... It comes off?! :eek: Using a late 2008 MacBook Pro unibody and never experienced the like.

11. TheEggman macrumors newbie

Comes off? Did they change something with these Macbook Pros? The palm rests and trackpad on my 6 year old Powerbook are in great condition. I don't see how a solid block of aluminum can rub off...

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

My point exactly. I think it will be perfectly fine for the first few years and who cares if it starts to "wear out" (which I really doubt it will) in the fourth year?