Is there anyway to SYNC or Clone my iMac to my Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maf2k8, Jul 3, 2010.

1. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

Ok so what i am looking to do is pretty much have a clone of my iMac on my Macbook Pro.

When i am at home i use my iMac mainly, So i download music, add photos, apps, etc, etc..Problem is when i am on the go i grab my MBP and i forget to add whatever apps/pics/songs/etc to my MBP.

I mean i could manually add everything each and every time ( if i put a app on the iMac then grab my MBP and install the same app )

Is there a program or way to sync the 2? so that way i can have sort of like a clone of my iMac?

If i dont use my MBP for a week and heavily use my iMac for that week, then my MBP is pretty out of date with my files...and its a pain adding everything manually.

Any programs? ideas?

thanks

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

You could save all your files onto your DropBox account, where it will be available on both machines.

3. luisgab macrumors newbie

Dropbox FTW using it and loving it everytime!

Saves a lot of time going from my bootcamp partition to my OSX and having all sync!

4. maf2k8 thread starter macrumors 6502

WOW! I have dropbox on both my MBP and iMac and didnt even think of that option really...lol..Not a bad idea, I think i will give it a try and see how it works out..Thanks!