Is there anywhere I could buy a guarenteed brand new unsealed iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zen Desk Pro, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Zen Desk Pro macrumors member

Hey guys,

So I'm trying to find out if there's anywhere I can purchase an unopened, completely new, sealed iPhone 5. I'm currently going through a situation where I purchased a "new" iPhone 5 off of Amazon, only to find out that it was basically just re-sealed up.

The phone was in a sealed plastic bag in the box which was an immediate sign that the phone was in fact not a brand new phone... And it's already giving me issues with reception, battery life and screen spots. I paid a good amount of money for the phone, and I expect a full refund..

I plan on returning this phone ASAP. However, I''ve kind of lost all trust for the credibility of seller's on Amazon. Do people list iPhones as "new" only to reseal the phone themselves - leaving the buyer completely in the dark of the history of that phone?

Does Amazon guarantee refunds for these sorts of situations if the seller is being uncooperative?

Most importantly, is there anywhere I could buy a guaranteed new unsealed iPhone 5 in 2015? If I called Apple, is there a small chance they have a few unopened newly sealed iPhone 5s in their inventory? Or are there any reputable vendors that sell actual original unsealed iPhones from previous generations?

Thanks..

2. chscag macrumors 68000

I don't have knowledge where you can buy a brand new sealed iPhone 5, however, I do know from past experience that Amazon will make it good. I have always found their customer service to be very responsive.

On another note, I did buy my wife a brand new sealed iPhone 5C from a seller on Amazon but you state you want an iPhone 5.