Is there even a slit in the new iPhone drawings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sulpfiction, Jun 4, 2012.

1. sulpfiction, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012

sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Was reading an article about a "slit" that was noticed in the drawings for the new iPhone that could be for a biometric sensor that would eliminate keyed passwords, and also would work with NFC to verify your identity when making purchases.

I know these rumors are all over the place...And I really don't believe any of them. But since im not an expert, I'm asking if anyone notices anything strange in the drawings to support anything like this.

http://http://seekingalpha.com/article/635151-authentec-a-slit-in-the-iphone-5

2. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Because they moved the headphone jack down maybe the top is used for something new? NFC FINGER PRINT OR A PROJECTOR :D

3. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Need to fix the link.
    Anyways, we need to keep i mind that Apple doesn't fully implement anything until the technology is stable and everywhere.

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

The Personal Computer, thunderbolt, multi touch displays, a screen resolution over 330ppi, Mobile video calling, full mobile browsing, full featured apps purchased in an app store, THE IPHONE, the iPad, the iPod, the Macintosh, Apps in folders on mobile...

This is an extremely short list of things that Apple has either pioneered, done first, or has tackled well before the market was "stable". Everyone looks at blu-ray and says apple is behind the curve, Nevermind the fact that they were one of the first companies to implement only SSD hard drives into an entire line of computers.
    Hate all you want, apple is constantly ahead on a lot of things, people just choose to focus on the few things they are behind on, like blu ray and lte

5. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Hate? How am I hating? Its a compliment. Its GOOD to wait for something to become stable before fully implementing them. Besides there's a list for that too :rolleyes:

6. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Maybe I took your comment the wrong way, but that is the brunt of a lot of angry pc owners' joke.

It bothers me, because they truthfully, are wrong :D