Is there even an apple announcement scheduled for tomorrow? (oct 30th)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Dartamis, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Dartamis macrumors newbie

There is lots of talk regarding a potential announcement from Apple on the mac pro tomorrow. Is there even anything actually scheduled? Where are people getting tomorrow as a target date from?

2. cwc123188 macrumors regular

There is no announced event for tomorrow.
    People are saying tomorrow's a possible date of update because of there have been some signs that say so.:)

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Often there are releases without a scheduled event. Its how we roll...

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

There doesn't necessarily need to be an announcement...it's not a major upgrade. They would just update the website tomorrow morning.

The suggestion of tomorrow comes from the fact that the driver for the presumed update to the MacBook integrated graphics is already present in the system. Apple doesn't usually do this, so it's reasonable to believe that the MacBook update is coming very soon on the heels of the Leopard release.

And since releases are generally on Tuesdays, that means tomorrow, or maybe next week Tuesday.

5. Dartamis thread starter macrumors newbie

I was refering mainly to the Mac Pro line. I was reading that it would be a fairly large upgrade to the system, moving to the new 45nm chips and new graphic cards. Seems like a pretty big deal to me.

6. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

The Penryn embargo was moved from November 12th to TODAY.

Now that is a NICE sign. I wonder why that is, though... AMD's competing products aren't hitting the streets until 1Q 08. Perhaps Apple asked them to lift the embargo early so they can update the Mac Pro and stop the influx of Mac Pro feeback to their inboxes????

Lots of nice things lining up here. Penryn's announced today - reviews everywhere. The nVidia 8800GT is available for sale today as well.

Come on Apple. Get that update out the door!!!!

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

My bad...I've apparently got MacBooks on the brain. :eek:

Not so sure about the Mac Pros, but yes, it is a significant upgrade. Still seeing the new chips being released November 12th. There's a chance Apple could have advance stock or may announce new Mac Pro models that would ship in a couple of weeks.

My inclination is that Mac Pros are not coming just yet, but don't take my word for it...pure speculation on my part.

8. djkny macrumors 6502

Modest upgrade to the MB, tomorrow, followed by the MBP, two weeks later, leaving MWSF '08 with the explosive announcement of a 12" MBP-Thin.

:)

9. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

I love the way you think. Apple does have a good relationship with Intel. So ya never know, Apple might want to make super announcements tomorrow. :)

10. Dartamis thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like it won't be today.

Maybe next Tuesday.

11. Kosh66 macrumors 6502

Or the Tuesday after that... or the Tuesday after that... and so on and so on...

:p

12. gerrynjr macrumors member

I'm convinced apple has gien up on the professional area....

no more desktops

13. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

Or tomorrow. Wednesday's been more active than Tuesday for Apple lately.

14. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

I think the only reason it was a Wednesday the last time (for the iPods) was because that Monday was a holiday. So the Monday was the Tuesday and the Tuesday was the Wednesday. lol