Is there less Jet Black because they started production late?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Canadia69, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Canadia69 macrumors regular

Was thinking about it, I was on the Apple Store app at like 3:04am and I directly say a 2-3 week delivery for all Jet Blacks...

Could the reason why there's much less JB iPhone be because Apple was undecisive about the rumoured Midnight Blue colour? Because the midnight blue iPhones photo leaks look really accurate..and if you think about it the "piano black" rumours came much later...

And it kind of makes sense, by choosing(or changing to) the JB, it gives it the allusion of a new design...

This just a theory though, but it would explain a lot

2. vlad91 macrumors newbie

It could be that they experimented with a couple of colors on pre-production devices and then opted at the last moment for the Jet Black and thus started mass producing it later.

3. Savor Suspended

Savor

Yup. We really didn't read much leaks of it prior to its announcement unlike the matte black.

Jet black is the Jony-come-lately color option. ;)

4. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

The fact that it is such a time intensive process creates delays all by itself. Same thing happened at launch with the Apple Watch series 1 link bracelets and the black watches. I'm sure a lot of them didn't pass quality control because of how easily they show flaws.

5. california_kid macrumors regular

The conversation at Apple probably went something like this:

Jonny - "Come on Tim, let me make one in Jet Black!"
    Tim - "Jonny, nobody is gonna buy it because you breathe on it and it scratches."
    Jonny - "Yeah, I know but I can't do the voice over video and have the phone in Rose Gold for chrissake!"
    Tim - "Fine, make a couple if that will just shut you up."

6. urkel macrumors 68030

My guess is that this part of making a Jet Black iPhone is where things got stalled. How does that polish metal?!?!

[​IMG]

Seriously though. It does look like a complicated process...

7. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

Some units have SamdungSDI batteries so Apple pulled them just in case.

8. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Doesn't make sense.