Is there no other way to "undo" other than the awkward "shake to undo"?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TH55, Nov 24, 2012.

1. TH55, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2014

TH55 macrumors 68030

I hate the shake to undo, not only is it cumbersome and awkward but I constantly activated it by mistake. I disabled it for this reason.

Is there no other way to undo through iOS or jailbreak?

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

• I highlight the text like I am going to copy it and then when it is highlighted press the delete (backspace) key and it deletes all the highlighted text.

• Or you can just hold down the delete key and delete it all manually.

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

No I'm talking about for when I accidentally delete something, which is the main reason for undo. There is already an easy way to delete something as you described.

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Oh, sorry. In that case I don't think there is a way. Unless you jailbreak and use Activator (I think that's what it's called).

5. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Undo is not in activator

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Is there a jailbreak?

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Shake to undo is very easy to use unless you have a disability.

Do you have a motor disability?

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

That's the problem, it's too easily activated. It goes off all the time hence "ShakeToUndoKiller"

9. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I have had undo go off accidentally maybe five times in my life. Been using iPhone since day one.

Not downplaying that it's an issue (for some), but it seems the thread has run its course. No, there is no other way to undo. What more is there to say? :)

10. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Solved! A recently released tweak called Keyshortcut let's you perform a number of actions simply by holding down certain letters. Holding down "x" functions as "undo"! I'm saved!

11. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

You could turn on assistive touch and use the shake function through that by tapping "device" then tap "more"

12. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

No I figured it out! Read above, thanks though!

13. missygal Guest

missygal

You can disable it? How? It's so annoying!

14. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Haha ya it's awful. You have to jailbreak your phone, and download ShakeToUndoKiller. Never looked back.

15. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Um.... How do you activate this feature? I must have disabled it. I just deleted text, shook my phone like a Polaroid photo and it didn't do anything.

Also, anyone know how to post a link on these threads and make hem clickable?

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

I think it primarily works with text editing, as you can undo the last deletion of some text or movement of some text or other things of that nature. Not sure if it works for much beyond it, like undoing deleting of a message or something like that.

As for posting links, if you post a link on the desktop site, it will get linked automatically, and possibly if you do it through some apps (like Tapatalk) it might do it as well, otherwise you would need to put the link between [ url ] and [ /url ] tags (without the spaces inside the brackets).

17. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

You can't activate/deactivate it on stock iOS, hence the jailbreak tweak. Perhaps the motion detection device inside your phone is faulty.

To parse links see markup instructions, it wouldn't show up when I posted the exact markup.

18. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Thanks C DM!