Is there no way of changing the height of a UITextField with rounded rectangles?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by chrono1081, Jun 12, 2014.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Hi guys,

I'm working on an application for work and it's enterprise so I don't (and can't due to design requirements) follow the Human Interface Guidelines.

I have to use the rounded UITextField button but I need to double its size. I can't do it in interface builder because it has no handles, and every time I try and find if I can do it programmatically I never find an answer.

Has anyone done this? Can anyone tell me how to do it or if it is possible?

2. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

You can use a textView and have it have round borders.

I forget if you can programmatically change the height of a textField because i know I've seen that questions being asked around.

3. xStep macrumors 68000

Either turn off Autolayout in the Nib or figure out how to override it. Either way, it looks like a line if code will be needed.

You can definitely override the size of a UITextField by changing its frame unless Autolayout is set in the xib.

Sorry, I don't know much about AL to help out.

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

You should just be able to drag a height constraint on the UITextField (control drag from the UITextField and release the drag on the same UITextField and pick height). You can then edit this constraint to whatever height you want. I believe I have done this before