is there no way of telling which minute & second a song is at on the ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macaddict77, Feb 12, 2009.

1. macaddict77 macrumors newbie

i just got an ipod touch today and i'm really happy and excited!

anyways, what really bums me out is that when i play a song i doesn't tell me the minutes that have passed and the minutes that are left while i listen to it. in itunes and on all other past ipods you could scroll forward to a specific minute and with the touch i never know where i'm at in a song...
    i know that you can click on the forward button to move forward in the song, but that's very unspecific, especially with longer songs...

is there a work-around to this issue, or have i just overseen something?
    thanks!

2. macaddict77 thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean when I play a track and it's been playing for a while, how do I know which minute and second I'm at?

3. sahnert macrumors 6502

ditto

this works after the song has been playing for a while. you can also drag the slider to jump to any point (generally) in the song.
    you have to be in portrait mode though. doesn't work in landscape/coverflow more.

4. muldul macrumors 6502

When you are on the screen showing what song you are playing, tap the artwork and it will display the song length, as well as how far through you are into the song.

5. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

It will also show you the repeat, shuffle and genius options.

6. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

As shown on page 34 of this pdf.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPod_touch_2.2_User_Guide.pdf

It's that blue horizontal bar shown. It has time played on the left, time remaining at the end, and a dot you can drag to any point in the song.

Mike

7. macaddict77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to all the replies and help! I got it now! This is probably the coolest iPod ever!