Is there really no way to get my files off my iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KB4, May 23, 2009.

1. KB4 macrumors newbie

I put seven years worth of family pictures, writing, and music on my iPod... and then my hard drive crashed. I've had a few people look at it and nobody seems to be able to fix it. The only way I can really keep all those files is to get it off my iPod. There must be some way... Any help is great, thanks.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If you jailbreak it you should be able to get them off. And buy an external hard drive to do a proper backup next time ;).

3. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

CNET might have put a video out at some point about something like this. If you go through their qiuck tips you may find something that can help you.

4. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

How about...

http://www.getsharepod.com/download/

I wouldn't do the jailbreak thing at this point of the game...if something went wrong and you had to restore you might lose it all. JMHO

5. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

oh there's a way. i think i even have an app on my ipod touch (its not even jaibroken) that allows you to do that. I dont have it with me though, but I'll check. Also, with the links that other MR members just provided you with, those links will probably solve your problems.

However, I wouldn't hope so much about getting your photos back in the way you want them. To my knowledge, whenever syncing photos with your ipod and computer, iTunes scales down the photos to a smaller resolution/size that will look perfect on your iPod Touch, but when enlarged, not that good.

good luck

6. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

i have this program i got for free using bit torrent called 4Media iPod to PC Transfer and it will transfer all your music and pictures off your iPod Touch or iPhone and put them on a file on your computer or put them on a playlist in iTunes. it is really simple to use too