Is there some way to "hand out" paperwork to several iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by harpy, Nov 24, 2010.

1. harpy macrumors member

Is there an app or set of apps that would let you hand out some paperwork wirelessly to other local iPads?

Similar to the idea of the iPad's implementation of Scrabble, where players can put an iPad on a table, and all of the players have iPhones or iTouches and they just flick their scrabble letters onto the board.

So say I meet several students in a classroom, everyone has an iPad. I've written up a lesson for the day and I want to distribute it to everyone present. While I could email it to them, put it on some shared website, etc. Instead I want to make it a more fluid and organic experience. I just bring up the lesson and then, either through flicking or just "send local" button in some app I can have the lesson get deposited on all of the local iPads that are present through a wireless connection.

Obviously all of the iPads would need to have an app installed that would facilitate this. Is there any way of doing this right now?

2. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

nope but you can create this app you will be rich....

3. Applenewstoday macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

No kidding.

4. Akitakoi macrumors regular

Akitakoi

I don't yet own a ipad but is there no drop box or shared file?
    Can one ipad see another via wifi?

Maybe dumb questions:eek:

5. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

6. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

7. crh3ff macrumors member

8. Caraj macrumors member

Yes dropbox should do the trick. I use it all of the time

9. unixfool macrumors 6502a

10. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Somehow don't think Dropbox and Goodreader provide the "fluid and organic experience" that the OP is after...

11. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

A great idea that would take the idea of e-learning to entirely new plateaus.

Not to mention strengthen the argument that iPad is great for academia.

12. unixfool macrumors 6502a

Really, if he wants fluid and organic (whatever the F that means...something fluid and organic could mean WATER (fluid) or paper (it is organic)), he'd get away from iPads and use something that is actually more fluid and organic to "hand out" paper. The first thing I can think of is to require a non-iPad (an actual laptop?). The second thing would be to just use freakin' real paper.

Any other manufacturer would just use BT for such things...but Apple neuters the holy hell out of that option.

13. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Maybe Dropbox is not 'green' enough for him. He may argue the iPad is not green, as it generates electromagnetic interference, polluting the airwaves, blah blah blah...

Anyways, I do agree Dropbox is the most suitable solution in the meantime.

14. MaxusHastings macrumors member

wow, some people really get hung up on terminology...

Anyway, here is a little application i saw the other day when on the hunt for a similar thing, i haven't used it yet myself but it looks promising (the UI could be nicer, but hey, its a start right? :) )

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/conference-pad/id377782792?mt=8

Thanks!

Maxus

15. crh3ff macrumors member

this is awesome, at least the concept is! I have been looking for a way to control presentations on the ipad remotely since the day I got mine!