Is Theresa May the right person?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve23094, Jul 19, 2016.

1. steve23094 macrumors 68020

steve23094

We are talking about the UK again.

Is Theresa May the right person to guide the UK through these difficult times?

If not her, who would you choose?

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

At this point in history, Prime Minister May is the correct person to occupy Number 10.

3. steve23094 thread starter macrumors 68020

steve23094

You and I don't often agree. But we do right now.

4. Three141 macrumors 6502

Three141

I believe she is and depending on how this all turns out, I won't go back on this and say 'the wrong person' got the job.

However I do believe she needs stronger opposition than what she has at present, hopefully labour pick a strong/smart leader to keep May honest.

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I know nothing of her policies, the country's culture, though I might opine on a general level when hearing of various decisions. But it's their country and their choices and I'm not a citizen of it. As long as she doesn't make Thatcher look like a saint... England seemed to have left the EU due to policies it believed were hurting its people. The last thing England wants would be any situation to worsen that more (simple logic).

6. steve23094 thread starter macrumors 68020

steve23094

I'm not a member of any party.

Unless somebody is a member of the Labour party it's clear all we can do is sit on the sidelines and watch, but I agree with your sentiment.

I have no idea what the PLP are hoping to achieve? It's highly likely JC will win and from that point their only option is to split the party. The rebels must know this so I don't believe them when they say, 'we don't want a split'. They probably miscalculated and thought JC would stand down.

After all the vitriol there is no way they can come back together and pretend nothing has happened.

7. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

May pushed the 'snooper's charter' while at the same time trying to cut the budgets of the police force. As an alternative, I suggest anybody who believes in civil liberties and is not taken in by visions of the austerity fairy.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

She's off to a great start.

9. steve23094 thread starter macrumors 68020

steve23094

The police need reform. Budgets have been cut, crime has gone down.

10. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

And she slaughtered Jeremy Corbyn in her first Prime Minister's Questions. She gave a performance worthy of Margaret Thatcher, no less.