Is this a good deal and what would you do in my situation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DryEyez, Jun 16, 2012.

1. DryEyez macrumors 6502

:confused:Hi Guys, so here's the crack.

I've just taken out a new contract for a Samsung Galaxy S3 on a 18 month contract with Vodafone UK. The phone was free and the phone cost me nothing it was free with the contract.

I have now been offered, in exchange for my White Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB, a 32GB iPhone 4S mint condition and unlocked, with 100 pound on top from the guy who has offered me the deal. (For you guys across the pond that's 160 ish dollars I think and an iPhone 4s 32gb for my Samsung galaxy s3)

Here is my dilemma. Originally I wanted the iPhone 4S, but Vodafone wanted I think 140 pound for a 16gb model or 240 pound for a 32gb model, whereas a Samsung galaxy s3 was free.

So this looks like a _really_ good deal right? But I have now fallen in love with my S3, but my head is saying, this is a deal not to be missed.

Thoughts and input?

2. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

3. DryEyez thread starter macrumors 6502

The 32gb 4s would have cost 200 pound on the same contract, plus the 100 pound they offer, so in my head it's 300 pound.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I would take the deal in a heartbeat. You didn't have to pay Vodafone a dime for the phone, and now you're getting a 4S that would've paid a couple hundred for with the same contract, PLUS a hundred quid? Sound like a no brainier to me.

On top of that it's unlocked. When the next iPhone comes out, you just sell the 4S and use the proceeds to buy it. or if you find you prefer Android, you just sell the 4S and buy another S3.

5. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I'm in a similar but different boat.

I was a previous 4S owner, and now currently an owner of an, unfortunately, bricked Galaxy Nexus. I'm torn whether I should return to the 4S, or purchase another GN for cheaper.

And although there are a few things I miss about iOS (the list is actually quite short now that I think of it), I don't know if I can reconcile iOS' shortcomings anymore now that I know what ICS offers. ICS is just infinitely more usable.

I'd say stick with the SIII.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

If the guy is someone you know and trust and you want the 4s then do it.

I get the feeling you have already made your mind up !

7. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a