Is this a good deal for an out of warranty rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thetruth1985, Jan 3, 2014.

1. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

I know someone selling a rMBP 2012 with the following specs:

15 inch rMBP
    256gb SSD
    16gb ram
    2.6 ghz i7 processor

The laptop is out of warranty and doesn't include the box. It's basically only the laptop and the charger. The condition is close to 10/10 with little to no signs of wear. I've personally checked it out and everything seems to work perfectly. There are 427 cycles on the battery and it is reported as normal. The seller wants $1350 and won't budge on the price. It seems like a good deal to me but I haven't been following macs closely for a while and I don't know if there are any better deals to be had. The wife doesn't want me to spend more than $1500 for a Mac and it will primarily be used for college course work as well as music production. Is this a good deal for this price or do you guys think I can do better for the money?

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

seems reasonable to me. Due to the missing packaging, you might want to ask for a proof of purchase, to exclude the possibility that it is a stolen machine. Of course if you know and trust the seller that might not be necessary.

3. jahall05 macrumors regular

I would either get proof of purchase or grab the serial number and run it by Apple to make sure it wasn't reported stolen.

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Apple won't tell you if it was.

5. thetruth1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

He didn't have the box and couldn't find the receipt. Oh well, I still bought it since it was a great deal.