Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
What is the price of this puppy? How come your ACD isn't anygoood?

Honestly all I ever hear is that the Dell and the ACD are top notch no matter how you go. Just food for thought.

Those go for 399 but the design is so ugly though. My ACD have pink hue and white color bleed :( .

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Those go for 399 but the design is so ugly though. My ACD have pink hue and white color bleed :( .

Oh you'd go for the 20"? Or what dell are you talking about?

Really you think they are ugly? I mean I know they aren't an ACD, but I am thinking about getting the 24" since your get component/composite in, plus its highly rated... It won't go great with my MBP, but.... for a few hundred cheaper than the 23 i figure...

Have you ever calibrated or taken the ACD to Apple to see if it could be fixed?

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006

Get it replaced. My latest rev 23" has no pink hue. It does have slight color bleed, but almost every 23" ACD has this. My two 2407FPW Dells had it too. You can play the return game forever though. Once I got an acceptable ACD, I had Apple throw some money back my way. You might want to try that. Definetly try to get one with no pink hue because that is possible.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Get it replaced. My latest rev 23" has no pink hue. It does have slight color bleed, but almost every 23" ACD has this. My two 2407FPW Dells had it too. You can play the return game forever though. Once I got an acceptable ACD, I had Apple throw some money back my way. You might want to try that. Definetly try to get one with no pink hue because that is possible.

Yes I calibrate it a couple times and look like it doesn't help much. Yes this HUE thing is bugging me. I think I will return and get another one and hopefully this time it had no Pink Hue. I was thinking they let me open it and test it out before sending me home with it. Too bad my 2nd was perfect, but it have un-even backlight. Now my 3rd is even worst.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.