Is this a way to guarantee yourself an iPhone on Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FooArk, Sep 18, 2013.

1. FooArk macrumors 6502

1.) Preorder online a 3am.

2.) Go to Apple/AT&T store or wherever. Buy iPhone full price. Use iPhone you bought at full price... Return it once your preorder arrives.

Is this possible

2. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Still have to get the phone....No guarantee you will get it on Friday unless you are first in-line at Apple Stores or retailers.

3. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

4. user-name-here, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

user-name-here macrumors 65816

Edit: My apologies, simply lost my cool on a sore subject for me and I shouldn't have. Do whatever you wish OP.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I agree.

No need to be impatient, heavens forbid you have to wait a few days for your iPhone to be delivered.

Let those who want to order, order online and let those who want to wait be allowed to wait outside a brick-and-mortar store. By doing this you are essentially contributing to the (allegedly) shortage of iPhones and essentially taking an iPhone away from someone who otherwise would have been happy to have been able to get an iPhone at launch.

No need to be greedy and impatient.

6. EM2013 macrumors 6502a

EM2013

Jeez are you really that desperate? That's pretty pathetic.

7. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

The best way to secure a phone on Friday if it's that important to you is to get in line really early.

Varies by location

8. jfreak623 macrumors 6502

9. FooArk thread starter macrumors 6502

Will be at work. Would this method also work if you're signing a new contract to AT&T?

10. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I'm just going to see if Verizon allows a site to store option for release day pickup. If not, oh well. I get it monday/tuesday.

11. cbanksy9 macrumors member

If I'm not mistaken I thought I'd read that you could preorder via the app and select in store pickup to reserve your phone that way. Please let me know if I'm wrong, but I believe it is an option this year.

12. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I hope you're a troll, cause every post I come across by you is always something annoying and questioning morals. If you're not a troll and that's the way you really are... no words.

moving on.

To OP. If you're going to be at work I'd say just order online and open a new account that way and call it a day.

13. deeddawg macrumors 603

FooArk: simple, walk to the start of the line at your Apple store at 7:50am and offer the first person $500 for his or her spot. If denied, repeat the offer going back in line until you find a taker.

14. WestCoastPro macrumors newbie

Seems like an awful lot of hassle for a cell phone. Just sad really.

15. gonzalo12345 macrumors member

gotta pay activation fee for both phones $36 each and restocking fee when returned. Around a $108 extra, while being patient will cost you $0 extra.

16. chocoyo00 macrumors regular

Why not just keep the one you are paying full price for on release day and cancel the online order instead? this way at least it goes back still brand new and can be resold.

17. FooArk thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess it depends if you're signing a new contract or not..

18. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I wish we still had the down vote on this site :rolleyes:

19. 617aircav Suspended

I will do the same as the op. If I end up with two, one will go on eBay. Simple.

20. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Words like "disgusting" and "immoral" being thrown around because the guy is planning to return a phone. If you all only knew how many people "rent" stuff from best Buy (buy it and simply return it on the last day of the return policy)...

But I agree. No sense in returning the thing. Just sell it. You'll make a couple of bucks. Of course, that is probably disgusting and immoral to someone on these boards.

21. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I'm baffled.

Why not keep the one from the store and cancel the online order? It won't ship THAT fast.

22. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

You shouldn't be worrying what others are doing. And please don't give guidance to others but only to yourself. I sold my iPhone 5 a week ago and I needed a phone to use for a week so I went apple store bought myself a iPhone 4S full price and will be returning it after I purchase my 5S. Apples a billion dollar company they wont lose a penny by me returning the 4S. Also, I am not nor is OP breaking any rules thats why there is a (RETURN "POLICY") you dont like it return it. So thats my excuse I dont like the 4S thats why im returning it. To be more realistic you dont even need a reason to return something.

----------

go ahead and do what you planned to do:D
    Dont listen to this haters. LOL

23. mcdj, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013

mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

There is simply nothing amoral about buying something and returning it. That's why companies go out of their way to advertise "no questions asked", because a return is a return. A return is not a hit and run.

OP, in a week you won't be the only kid on the block with a 5S and the hoops you jump through to get it now will seem very dumb.

Deep breath people! It's just a telephone!

24. user-name-here macrumors 65816

You're right, simply lost my cool on a sore spot subject for me. My apologies :eek:

Sorry OP, do whatever you wish regarding renting phones for a few days and returning. If businesses lose money or enact harsher return policies on everyone because of this behavior oh well.

25. chocoyo00 macrumors regular

How long do the orders usually take to ship anyways? I never have before and will this time. I guess I could stop by an Apple store on Friday during my lunch to pull an OP too lol...jk jk but how long though? I'm an impatient one too! Lol