Is this anything to go by, for specs of the new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Apr 4, 2008.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hi guys. As many would know, Apple usually stuffs their MacBook Pros with either the top tier spec, or at least 2nd tier, such as how they're using 8600m GT now instead of 8800 cards. The Acer Aspire Gemstone Blue is a hell of a powerhouse laptop. In case you're not in the know of this laptop, here's a good preview I found: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4305

now, looking at the spec... It's out this month, too. Do you think Apple would bring us closer to this kind of spec, especially with regards to the spec of the screen pixel density and also the graphics capability?

2. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Hard to argue with the specs but at 7.75lbs that too heavy for a laptop for my tastes.

3. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

i think it's no arguement that windows/pc can make better hardware than mac.
    still, it's the software that's more important.

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Mac don't make there own hardware so its no different than what's inside a windows PC ie motherboard,processors,HDD,optical drive.

5. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

i owned a lot of SONY Vaios and the screens are better than my MBP.
    never did i encounter a dead pixel or this yellowish tint that's been bugging a lot of forum members.

the cracks in the MBs..
    the list goes on!

6. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

I mean... think about it... macBook pros usually take the best processors.. add 2GB RAM... best, or at least 2nd best GPUs... as i pointed out, when our nvidia 8600 mbps came out, there were 8800 gaming laptops. this one has blu-ray and 9650/9500. Doesn't this mean we could probably expect an upgrade in the next iteration? I mean... think the logic through.... I can't find any flaws so far in my reasoning of this situation.

7. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

yer but Mac don't make the screens the likes of LG etc do that

8. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

Way to early -- the MBP just got updated.

Also, 7.5lbs? You've gotta be kidding me.