Is this Confirmation of Retina on mac's ??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Duckypoos, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Sue De Nimes macrumors 6502a

Sue De Nimes

Yep, "Brothers Roloff" are certainly privy to Apple secrets.

I mean, they wouldn't just be having a guess could they?

2. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Retina ready app icons have been knocking about for a while havent they. I remember that there is a retina messages icon hidden in the files somewhere.

3. macpants macrumors member

Not too sure. I accept the app has Retina capability but the article focuses on iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro's.

4. Duckypoos thread starter macrumors member

Not sure how many mac apps are out there with retina .. If indeed there are, as you far more knowledgeable folk seem to know, then I apologise for starting the thread and will have the mod's delete it.

5. Nandifix macrumors 6502

Remember this is for all the macs including MacBook pros. IMac will only see a small increase in resolution if any at all.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

7. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

8. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Actually..

You know how you know there won't be Retina iMacs? Because there aren't new Apple Thunderbolt Displays being announced, based on leaked parts lists. It would be the same screen.

9. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

Leaked or faked? You decide. The whole range will be retina equipped, just wait and see ;)

10. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Here is another take on the same story from AppleInsider:

11. lannisters4life macrumors 6502

I looked at your post history, and you've said this over and over again. Can you calm down? Or provide some kind of evidence?

12. Opspin macrumors member

Well looking back, macs have gotten higher and higher DPI displays over the years, it is only a matter of time before all are updated. I'm guessing the missing thunderbolt retina displays are because they reserve the retina 27" displays for the iMac for now until they can ramp up production, and there is also the problem of older thunderbolt equipped macs that might not be able to drive 4k displays. So they might wait with the thunderbolt retina displays until more people have Ivy Bridge macs, when did they update the display port cinema displays to thunderbolt displays? Immediately or after?

13. Duckypoos thread starter macrumors member

Thunderbolt Displays will need upgraded to house usb 3.0 ports though will they not ??

14. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

The parts list? It was independently confirmed, two separate sources.

Now, you? Logic or fanaticism? You decide.

15. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

Independently confirmed by whom? The only one that could give us a yes it's correct or no it's not is someone from Apple. Want to name them?

Now, you? Lunatic or delusional? You decide.

That's precisely the point, no one can provide any evidence and hence it remains speculation thus me saying they will have retina displays is just as good as someone saying no they wont. If you can provide any evidence please do so but please calm yourself down :)

16. lannisters4life macrumors 6502

Yeah, no doubt in time these iMacs will be graced with better displays. Just not sure that this is reason to think it'll happen on Monday (I'd love it to though).

----------

I remember way back in school, and one kid in my third grade class would repeat everything slightly derogatory that anyone would say back to him, which we all thought was a bit pathetic, I mean at least try and come up with something yourself, we'd think, but we let him be for the most part, until towards the end of the year his mother came and removed him from the school after she found out from a doctor that he was mentally disabled from being starved of oxygen as a baby, and we never saw him again. Did you go to Hills Elementary from 1981–1984? Are you Gerald Swanson?

17. Mr Rogers macrumors regular

I'm Gerald Swanson

I think these are going to be great iMac updates, I'm looking forward to the 60in RETINA display iMac with 16 core Xeon chips pushing 10 million Ghz, Nvidea GTX Crossfire 8 zillion and a 1000T SSD Drive with 20 Thunderbolt 10 connections, 50 USB 1000 connections and a telepathic headband to control it all with.

God I'm bloody excited and yes, it is me, Gerald Swanson.

18. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Well, 9to5Mac and AppleInsider both received the list.. independent from different sources, as one had the prices and the other was truncated with at most 1 digit showing. Now, none of this is hard fact until Monday, but I don't need a meteorologist to tell me when I'm being rained on.

19. kitsunestudios macrumors regular

Apple already has HiDPI mode in Lion. The developer easily could have made the same guess as most people here about Retina Displays, and prepped their app for it now. Even if this round of Macs doesn't include HiDPI screens, the app will be ready for them when they eventually do come out.

We now return to your regularly scheduled flame war.

20. Mr Rogers macrumors regular

KGI Securities

Its official, KGI Securities throw their weight behind the no vote in relation to iMac RETINA displays, indeed, judging by the front page story, we may now not see a revised iMac at all next week and our flaming of each other over the past 48hrs seems in vain - how dare Apple remove even this enjoyment from us as they march us towards their vision of iToys and new iOS on our Macs - forget OSX and welcome to the new world of iOS on big screens, much like Microsoft and Windows 8.

21. Nandifix macrumors 6502

Don't get yourself so worked up about retina display as you will surely be dissapointed. Expect nothing and then if there is something be happy.

22. necromorph, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

Clearly you can't put an intelligent argument together without insulting someone so i suggest you go back into your teenage bedroom and have a really good think about life (if i was you i would go ahead and end it). If you mentally can't grasp that i don't want to start a fight over something so whimsical thus easily hurling back the proverbial stone back at the provocateur who tried and failed to insult me is preferential.

Precisely wait until Monday!

23. Nandifix macrumors 6502

This makes no economic sence as no one will pay 2012 prices for outdated hardware. The updated iMac will have to be released soon within 1-2 months.

24. lannisters4life macrumors 6502

Did you read those two sentences you wrote here, one after the other, before posting them? But regardless, who am I to insult anybody, I just thought you might have been someone I went to school with.