Is this going too damn far? WTF!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Dec 14, 2015.

1. dec., Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015

dec. Suspended

dec.

If s/he's happy with it and no one gets hurt, why not? Actually, kick that idiotic politically correct phrase "as long as no one gets hurt", you only live once (and after that you live on "god"'s clouds :D - or roast in "hell"...lol ) do it the way it works for you. And to be honest, if the kids have an issue with it, well, republicans are happy to tell them that this society is not all about "safe spaces".

2. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

A bigger problem than that is people taking this seriously.

Who cares, just another sociopathic weirdo, no need to get shocked over this. Although, it is still pretty hilarious.

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I'm sorry, but I just find this line hilarious. Not because of the story, but the source. (Infowars is owned by a 9/11 truther and general supporter of some pretty wacky conspiracy theories)

4. sim667 macrumors 65816

There was a Louis Theroux documentary about people who live there lives as children. It was an interesting watch.

5. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

First, is this real?

This highlights an interesting phenomenon in psychology. When you have someone who is delusional, do you support their delusion or do you break it. Research has demonstrated in some cases that supporting it leads to better outcomes. Then again, the outcome may be relative. Conventionally speaking, it's seldom advised to support delusional thinking.

Transgenderism is one thing. Age-dysphoria is another. This is no longer a matter of identity but a matter of reality. It's also an indication of a much bigger issue at hand. To write this off this age discrepancy without investigation as "transgenderism" is a disservice to Stephanie and the 7 children she has fathered.

Oftentimes, this type of fantasy is a maladjustive coping mechanism for a profound, unresolved issue or trauma in their life. The age aspect is interesting because from a metaphorical standpoint, it represents innocence and perhaps absolves her of responsibility in a situation.

6. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

"Mothered" :p

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I'm telling you, we are not far from dolphinplasty...

[​IMG]

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Abandons 7 kids. Liberals think it's a shining example of diversity. GTFO, this is sick.

9. BradWould macrumors 6502

BradWould

I'm not for abandoning children but would you rather he or she kept them?

10. sim667 macrumors 65816

I don't think any has described the story as a "shining example of diversity" in this thread.

Are you genuinely angered by something which which hasn't actually happened?

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Opening line of article:

A transgender father who abandoned his seven children to start a new life as a “6-year-old girl” is being celebrated by some liberals as a shining example of diversity.

12. Meister Suspended

Meister

How dare you refere to little Steffonknee as a "he".

She's a 6 year old girl.
    Use the right pronoun!

And charge her ex-wife with child rape!

13. Happybunny macrumors 68000

The link was to Alex Jones infowar, this is just the digital equivalent of the National Inquirer by the supermarket check out.

14. Meister Suspended

Meister

Writes the guy quoting csnbc ...

15. sim667 macrumors 65816

ah i thought you were referring to people in this thread.

Edit: Actually there seems to be some massive holes in the reporting, caused by the reporters desire to use emotive language

If you're given an ultimatum to leave your family by your wife, or change, then thats not abandoning the family, as far as I'm concerned.

16. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

So an article that says "some liberals" and shows two or three tweets or comments from two or three supports becomes "liberals think it's a shining example....." I guess I can post a few dozen tweets from racist conservatives and post "republicans hate black people".

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Sounds like another form of "some say". If the celebrating involves some posts or tweets on social media, then someone is trying to make too much of it. As we've seen before, that's a terribly low form of proof.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm going to disagree with you on that one. When you walk out the door to continue indulging in your desires, instead of moderating your behavior, then (IMO) you have abandoned the family.

19. sim667 macrumors 65816

republicans do hate black people though :D

20. sim667 macrumors 65816

What if your wife gave you an ultimatum of something you couldn't achieve?

"I want you to be come a woman, or leave"...... Would you stay and become a woman?

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

There are irreconcilable differences. If you get a divorce and work out the separation through that process, then that isn't abandonment.

If you just walk out the front door, then that is.

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Its unfortunate that the individual involved abandoned a wife and seven children.

But I have it on excellent authority that men and women of every nationality, race, income level, and sexual orientation abandon their families and children every day.

Sometimes for no better reason than pure selfishness.

23. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I don't disagree there.

The issue at question here is whether or not this case is being celebrated. Based on the hyperbole of the listing website, possibly not; based on some of the comments listed there (and here), possibly so.

I have some concerns about how authentic the behavior is. I don't know any 6yo girls that would dare to try settling things in a fistfight with an adult. It reads like, as you call it, pure selfishness, hiding under the garb of acceptance.