Is this mark on the screen some kind of burn in?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by A420Turbo, Sep 19, 2010.

1. A420Turbo macrumors member

Bought a 13" Macbook pro from apple in May 2010 and just last month I started to notice these lines. They seem to only stand out in a dark screen like while watching a movie or playing certian games. I've been babying the thing since I bought it do you think it would be something that would be covered under warranty? Just wanna get an idea of what the "genius" at apple are gonna tell me before I bring it in. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Nope that's yellow-tint. Not uncommon with Apple displays and TN panels in general. If you go complain enough you can get a new screen from Apple.

3. A420Turbo thread starter macrumors member

Tint seems fine I think its just a bad quality photo but what I'm talking about what looks like the shape of a reddish orange "7" towards the middle of the screen. Its hard to get a good picture of it

4. gameface macrumors 6502

They will replace your screen. Last time I needed to get my screen on my mpb replaced they were able to do it the same day.

5. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Ah didn't notice. That is weird, I'd say you're pretty much in the clear for a replacement.

6. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

7. THE dAY macrumors 6502

Did you or anyone else ever put a cup on top of your macbook pro, maybe tea or coffee or soda while the macbook pro lid was shut?

I have something that looks very similar to yours and I think it was because of putting a drink on top the laptop while the lid was shut.

Here's a pic of mine on MBP 13"
    [​IMG]

8. A420Turbo thread starter macrumors member

Very interesting theory and it kinda looks similar but to the best of my knowledge no drink was ever put on top of the laptop. Then again its not something I have a watch on 24/7 so someone else could be the culprit. :eek: Might have to start doing some questioning...