Is this normal for a Late 2013 RMBP on High Sierra 10.13

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by jkundi, Mar 26, 2018.

1. jkundi macrumors regular

Hi all recently my MacBook Pro has been acting strange with the temperature and fans kicking in frequently, also I noticed my memory was is high usage. Now I'm not savvy with diagnostics but I do have iStats installed and this is the current reading (file attached). Bare in mind this is after a clean OS install yesterday night. Is this normal with High Sierra? I notice many are having odd issues.

Attached Files:

2. chabig macrumors 603

You didn’t really mention any problems. It’s normal for the fans to run when you’re using the machine. That’s how it manages heat. As for your graphic, everything looks normal.

3. jkundi thread starter macrumors regular

Is it normal for the active memory to use 5GB or more when hardly any Applications are running. I'm a heavy user of Lightroom and Photoshop and I see that recently my MacBook's fan's kick in and everything slows down activate memory hits 8GB. I decided to do a clean install yesterday night but I'm noticing the same. I've reset the SMC and PRAM but no affect.

4. techwarrior macrumors 65816

techwarrior

After install, Finder will be running an index on the drives.

Shutdown any apps you are not actively using and leave it running for a while, it might just stabilize and get back to "normal".

5. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

The memory usage is fine, the CPU usage + temps is pretty high, but yeah, at this moment this could be happening because of the indexing. I'd give it a few hours, then worry.

6. rogerio drummon macrumors newbie

I am having a similar problem. In my case a "core" process launched by launchd is the culprit. Check with activity monitor in Energy tab. It shows a score around 100 for this core process. I Force Kill it and it reappears randomly.

Check my recent post:
    Process "core" eating up my CPU - MacOS 10.13.3