Is this Normal for a MB Pro Retina? I want Apple to Replace my MB Pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by VideoNewbie, Sep 30, 2012.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

a couple of times while using my laptop with the screen open, ive had to lift it up while holding onto the bottom of the computer. in doing so i noticed a slight metallic tinking sound . at first i ignored it but i started noticing it everytime i would pick up the laptop. ive localized the problem and notice that it only makes this noise when im applying pressure towards the middle of the laptop.

ive read many people having this problem online, but most had to do with the 2010 macbook pros where they were using some spinning hard drive but the mb pro 2012 retinas are supposed to be SSD right? so i shouldnt be having this problem

can those of you who own mb pro retinas hold your laptop and put pressure on the bottom of the laptop? just gently push around toward the middle area and if you dont get a "tinking" sound right away just start gently pushing all around the general area

i really want apple to replace my mb pro im still within my warranty but im outside of the 14 day return policy.

2. retaina macrumors newbie

I had that on my first rMBP, instant replacement over the phone..

3. kirky1234 macrumors member

Same here...

4. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

instant replacement...wow really! were u inside of your 14 days?
    what did they have you do? did u have to send ur original rMBP in the mail and then wait for them to send u a new one or? im hoping i can just return this at the apple store even though i bought it online. (im also outside of my 14 day return period)

----------

same question as above.

5. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

to the two posters above who said apple gave them an instant replacement. how were they able to verify the problem ??

6. retaina macrumors newbie

I was within my 14 days, doesnt mater as long as there is warranty coverage. No verification, I live too far from any Apple Store.

7. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

so did you have to send in your damaged computer first and wait weeks for a new one or were they able to send u a new one (without charge pending you send the old one back)

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If your computer is damage Apple will not accept it.

If it's got a mechanical issue like the sound sound you hear, that's not exactly damage unless you caused it.