Is this normal of has AT&T screwed me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fazzl, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

I purchased my 4S on launch day last year for $600 for a 32GB. So I think I paid the mid-tier price (phone + $250). This year they're not letting me buy the 5 at launch with any discount. I have to pay the unlocked price. Is everyone in this situation?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Something seems wrong... I got the 4s for the full subsidized price, I got that every year until this year. Now this year I get the full subsidized price +$250 and that is at least what you should be getting.

4. christyn macrumors 6502a

They only let you do that early upgrade (phone cost + $250) every so often... I believe it's every 18 months? so that's probably why there is no discount given this year.

5. M87 macrumors 65816

AT&T screwing you is normal. But that early upgrade deal still requires a two-year contract and I'm not sure how long it takes to become eligible for an early upgrade again. Maybe a year?

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

When you bought that $800 phone, ATT said they would pay $200 of it. But, you agreed to a 2 year contract with them.

How are you being screwed?

By the way, this very same issue has been posted with new threads almost hourly for the past few days. Try reading those. Millions of people are in this same situation. ATT decided they can not afford to keep paying for peoples phones early.