Is this normal? Screen issues.

macremm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
When I tilt my iPhone 4S and look at the screen at an angle, the screen has a bluish tint. When I tilt it the other way, it has a yellow ish tint.

Could this just be my OCD or could it be the anti-glare screen protector that's on the screen?

Thank you in advance

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
When I tilt my iPhone 4S and look at the screen at an angle, the screen has a bluish tint. When I tilt it the other way, it has a yellow ish tint.

Could this just be my OCD or could it be the anti-glare screen protector that's on the screen?

Thank you in advance
Seriously?

It's the screen protector.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I guess I have a magical iPhone then. Mine doesn't change colors when I tilt it and look at it from different angles.
:rolleyes: Yep, I guess you do have a magical iPhone if that is the case. All iPhones and all LCDs exhibit this effect when viewed at an angle and rotated. Viewing angles have gotten a LOT better in the last 20 years, but it still hasn't been perfected.

AndrewR23

macrumors 68040
Jun 24, 2010
Mine doesn't change colors during rotation unless I have the room completely dark.

But every LCD screen does this to some extent. Some more than others.

When my 4S is tilted left or right, the colors are almost identical.

But when my girlfriends 4S is tilted right, its blue, left and it is very yellow. Strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.