iPad Is this proof that the ipad 4 has a better screen then the ipad air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kali256, Nov 15, 2013.

1. kali256 macrumors newbie

Before you flame me to death, i know that it is only one ipad air vs one ipad 4, so the sample size cannot lead to my post title, but it does show a lot of what you ipad air owners are talking about. I have an ipad 4 and will not upgrade until the next version. I figure on a tablet you stare at the screen the most, so it better be near perfect (I value screen presentation over weight)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjmlSkN4uE

Have a look at this video and scrub to the 16:46 mark where he compares the ipad air and ipad 4...have a look at the screen, does the ipad air look yellow and the ipad 4 looks white (cool white perhaps)

Thoughts

Kevin

2. Sardukar macrumors member

3. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

Here are two pics from that video. The Air is on the right, and its screen looks identical to the 5s shown in one of pics.

Edit.... The pics failed to upload.....:confused:

4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

the best view starts at 16:44 for anyone wondering.

The air looks more yellow, and the 4 looks pink.

In some shots, the air looks brighter, but I don't know where he had the brightness set for each.

5. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Also have a look at this video as it offers more insights into the issue:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNxeF4KMsY

This is a fascinating topic that I hope runs and runs. :rolleyes: Meanwhile in the real world, hundreds of millions of iPad users are loving these incredible devices.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I would say its just one sample. Have an Air and an iPad 3, and the Air screen looks so much better than the 3. Now, I don't know if the 3 and 4 have the same screen or not. I do know different iDevices have had slightly different screen tints, but I've never had one with an uneven tint, or a prominent enough color tint to bother me.