Is this real?

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
Interesting story. But as usual, I went because of the comments there. I cringed. I laughed. I quit. :D

As for the actual you tube feature, I don't know what to say. I won't make any further comment right now until I hear more ...

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I have a problem with making fun of people who display a great deal of earnestness. We don't know why she is the way she is. Some people don't process the world the same we do, but if we marginalize them, we actually lose out on knowing people who can be quite wonderful. I know a person who responds at times even less logically than this person seems to, and I'm not sure what sort of condition she has, but as I've gotten to know her, I can see that all the layers of a human being are there. I would have missed out on a good friend if I had been simply reactive to what seemed like it made no sense. If this interviewer had stayed with this woman long enough to actually see her life rather than just get his sound bites, I think he would have seen a much different person. He would have seen a real person rather than just a novelty.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
I know where you are coming from lady! I love my Apple 5!!! I went with the white one too and the silver on it. The silver makes it easy for me to crush up my Opana's before I snort them.....

bhimpele

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
I have a problem with making fun of people who display a great deal of earnestness. We don't know why she is the way she is. Some people don't process the world the same we do, but if we marginalize them, we actually lose out on knowing people who can be quite wonderful. I know a person who responds at times even less logically than this person seems to, and I'm not sure what sort of condition she has, but as I've gotten to know her, I can see that all the layers of a human being are there. I would have missed out on a good friend if I had been simply reactive to what seemed like it made no sense. If this interviewer had stayed with this woman long enough to actually see her life rather than just get his sound bites, I think he would have seen a much different person. He would have seen a real person rather than just a novelty.
Oh god

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
:( I kinda feel bad for laughing so hard I almost pee'ed on myself

fides7

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Beautifully said :)

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago

1000% correct.

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
It actually didn't occur to me that she might have a disability, and if she does then I wish her the best.

I viewed her as someone who is just blindly buying an iPhone with no real reason as to why, but only because it is white and has an Apple logo on it. Maybe it is because of all the Fandroids who deem all Apple buyers to posses these qualities. What threw me over the edge was the willingness to just throw up to 2-3 phones on a credit card.

stickybuns

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
Honestly, I find her reasons for waiting in line to be perfectly reasonable:

- she is uncomfortable with buying online. If you don't know what you're doing, phishing is certainly a danger.
- she has friends who use iPhones, so she'll have people to go to if she has trouble. Not to mention getting in store help at a Genius Bar
- she is buying her very first smartphone, so limited customizability and a walled garden will likely be the most user friendly for her
- she places value on aesthetics, so a phone that will soon have thousands of cases and accessories is a great option for her.
- she mentions having a laptop so will certainly find benefits beyond just sending text messages once she has a chance to play with her new phone.