Is this really true about battery?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphoneattack, May 5, 2012.

1. Iphoneattack macrumors regular

That after 300 cycles it drops down to only 50%??

If my iPhone 4s just reaches 6 hours a day, does this mean after a year it will barely last me 3 hours a day?

If so, is there a way of changing the battery to a new one if my battery drops 50% in the next year?

I don't see any screws on the back?

2. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

300 *full* charge cycles, unless your phone is going to 0% every day, you won't be doing 300 in a year, partial charges are partial cycles, and I think it's supposed to be more like 80% after that isn't it?

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I thought that it's supposed to be 80% after 300 cycles, not 50%. And if you think the capacity will really drop that much, great news - as Apple offers 1 year warranty on new iPhones, if they determine your battery has a capacity less of what it should be, they may replace the phone.

4. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Here's the even greater news: A battery costs $7 and takes 2 minutes to change. :rolleyes:

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes, partial cycles are cumulative. So 10 days of 10% discharge equals one full charge cycle.

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Ah the joys of having an iPhone with phillips screws holding the back case on :p My battery is fine however if it ever goes kaput, I'll be replacing mine the easy way.

8. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I've had an iPhone 4 since launch and not noticed any drop in battery life yet. If you are only getting 6 hours you must be spending all day on the iPhone playing games or watching video.
    You can always get a case with a built in battery. Check out ipower up cases. They double your battery life.