Is this Risky to do while i wait for my iPhone 5??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VideoNewbie, Sep 28, 2012.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

I am waiting for my iphone 5 in the mail. (its going to take another 2 weeks)

i need to send out the iphone 4s to amazon before monday to keep my trade in price.

ideally i would have both the iphone 5 and the iphone 4s at the same time so i can make sure i do an identical mirror backup...

but since iw ont be able to do this ill have to simply backup my iphone 4s and "hope" that it backs up everything without being able to visually verify that everything is actually backed up

this seems incredibly risky to me

are there smarter alternatives?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I have never had an issue with backups not working; you should be ok

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I've never done a back-up that didn't actually back-up. But if you are nervous, back up to icloud and iTunes.

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

iTunes will back up your iPhone. Then just restore from backup when you get the 5. Apple made the process moron proof.

6. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

i was told certain things would be included in the back up and certain things would not. true?

if i have 32gb of content on my phone how much space will a backup take on my computer?

7. TahoeDust macrumors 6502

Hard back-up to iTunes and also to iCloud. I am sure you will not have a problem with either but the redundancy never hurts.