Is this some sort of new feature for the ipod touch 4g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andy7, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Andy7 macrumors newbie

I noticed that with previous models of the ipod touch, whenever you plugged it in to a new computer, Itunes recognized it as a new Ipod and wanted to eathier restore it to a backup or create it as a new ipod touch. When I bought a new HP computer somewhere around August, I still had my Itouch 2g, and I had to backup my songs and videos using a seperate software and transfer it over to my new computer. Itunes wouldnt recognize it as an ipod with files already on it and would want to create a, "new ipod."

Currently, I have the newest 4g model, and not too long ago, I went through the process of recovering my computer (Wiping the hard drive and making it like I just bought a new computer). Knowing I would have to start all over, I backed up my itouch 4g using a program called sharepod.

Well, after going through the process of setting everything back up, I expected to plug in my ipod touch 4g and seeing itunes recognizing it as a new ipod touch. But this time, It recognized the name of my ipod and started to sync it! When I had the 2g and I plugged it for the first time in the new computer, It only gave me the option to eathier restore the ipod from a backup on the ipod, or start from the begining. And looking at other posts, others had similar problems.

Is this a new feature for the ipod touch 4g, or am I just imagining it?

2. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

My iPod automatically syncs itself when It's plugged in.
    (4G)