Is this the new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samdar, Jun 26, 2012.

1. samdar, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Another poor cg mock-up.

Pushing your youtube page, I guess?

3. Jarson macrumors regular

Jarson

It rather looks like poorly modified iPhone 3g. I'm pretty sure it is even not a little bit similar to next generation of iPhone.

4. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

Now I don't even want to click

5. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

That mockup is at least 2 years old and awful at that.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I did who ever posted this owes me 7 seconds of my life it a 7 second still frame.. :rolleyes:

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Were you expecting it to move after it hadn't over the first three seconds? ;)

8. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

9. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Yes OP, we users on this forum know everything and can answer any question you have including this one. Give us a break will you newbies. No one knows but Apple. :mad:

10. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I'd guess probably not. It's too nice looking & well designed. It looks like Apple iPhones used to look. Not literally, but figuratively, since the great majority of "leaked designs" now seem to feature the rather ugly, stretched out 4.0" display equipped mockup.

Should this often repeated rumor of a 4.0" narrow & long iPhone come true, it will represent the decline of iPhone style. Something quite contrary to Apples normal trajectory.

That said, the small ladies & men will get their wish, a tidy yet effeminate phone. One that they can continue to argue is needed so they can operate one handed as they text and drive :)

----------

Excellent post... Even better Avatar :)

Thanks for the humor !

11. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

12. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

[​IMG]

This narrow stretched iPhone seems to be the predominate image posted on hundreds of sites around the web, as release time draws near.

I surely hope that this is purely a fake, as it's the ugliest, most unappealing iPhone yet. A phone I simply cannot get excited about.

Conversely, if it turns out to be the one, it will be very easy to take a pass and turn my back on it. I have far better ways to blow a few hundred bucks.

Unfortunately (for Apple and those of us who are true enthusiasts) it may have the same effect on many others.

But even at that, we will be in a very small minority, as others are under Apple's spell and will buy anything with the fruity logo. If for no other reason than to "be cool", or "to belong" to the "club".

It's _not_ a great time to be a loyal, long time Apple customer.

To watch one of the worlds great companies cater to iToyz buyers, just to grab more profit, expand it's user base, and sell shiny objects in Best Buy and Walmart, by using any measure, is hard to watch.

13. james92se macrumors 6502a

I agree. I'm not really a fan of the "industrial chic" look or whatever it is Apple went for with the 4 and 4S design. I particularly dislike the blunt edges that make the 4/4S so uncomfortable to hold one handed.

To use an automotive term, I've always kind of thought the iPhone 4 looked like a test mule and not a finished product. I remember when the iPhone 4 was lost in the bar and posted all over the interwebz I was thinking surely that won't be the final exterior design. Yes it's sleek in a technical sense but not exactly attractive, kind of like how the dashboard layout of a Saab or Volvo manages to be sleek and ugly at the same time. Lol.

For Apple to continue this would be quite a disappointment to me. I want sleek beveled/rounded edges. Part of me thinks surely Apple won't keep the same design (save for some reall ugly speaker hole cutouts) for going on 3 years but you never know.

14. Twixt macrumors 6502

Everytime our contract expires we are up on picking a new phone. And everytime we are free to pick iphone or another one...
    Same way we used to use yahoo or altavista as web engines moving slightly to google.
    I hope AAPL will launch something very disruptive next October otherwise stock price will nose dive...