Is this to much to ask?? Am I being fussy???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kroxx, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Kroxx macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted

Bought iPad 64gb wifi which got delivered on launch day, it had a dead pixel....

Returned it to apple store and they opened some more:

1st. Had a dead pixel
    2nd. Had a piece of dust under screen
    3rd. Had a screen imperfection (in the glass I think)
    4th. Had another screen imperfection (more noticeable than a dead pixel)
    5th. Looked ok after checking so took it home then noticed that it had a dead pixel....

I rang the manager of the store and he said he was sorry and not to feel bad about keep retuning them... I returned the iPad today and they opened another one which was the seventh iPad ive had and it had a small line in the screen which I was told was actually an imperfection in the glass... I was then told that they could open the next 10 and might not find one that meets my expectations???? He gave me 3 options, keep the one they have just opened, keep then one that I took in with the dead pixel, or a refund.... I choose the refund and told them this is not what I want, what I want is a 100% perfect screen (too much to ask???) so now I have £559 sitting here as I am unable to buy a perfect iPad ??? I have owened a iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPod touch, iPad, iPad 2 and i have never had this much trouble trying to get a fault free device.... Am I being picky or should I expect 100%

2. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

What's screen imperfection?

I wouldn't accept a dead pixel ever.

3. Kroxx thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted

Also when I rang the manager he said that it doesn't matter how many they open even if they have to open 50 till I find a iPad I'm happy with .... But I was still given these 3 options

4. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

It's your money, so you should expect 100%. It would be crazy not to considering the amount of money one spends on these devices. So, I say keep searching until you find one that meets your expectations.

5. Kroxx thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted

Screen imperfection was a mark either on the screen or on the underside of the glass, these were worse than dead pixels as they could be seen always, I admit that there were as small as a pixel but I noticed them when checking!!

6. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

I think you need to call up Harry Potter and ask for some liquid luck.

Yes, you sound too fussy. Five iPads in a row were unacceptable? What?

7. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

Well, apparently, some people have perfect iPads (no screen problems etc.) as posted in other threads. So, they are out there, although I haven't seen one myself. Since you are paying the same price as everyone else, you should also expect a perfect one too. If people just "accept" these defects and aren't picky, the quality of products will continue to decline.

Keep exchanging till you get a good one. These things aren't cheap!

8. donnaw macrumors 65816

No, you're not being fussy. The screen is the part you look at all the time. Imperfections that you have to look at evey day, each time you use it, however you use it is unacceptable IMHO. I would have done the same. Keep your refund, wait a couple of months and try again.

9. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

That's good advice. I've decided to wait a bit and see if Apple gets their act together with regards to the screen problems.

10. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

People claiming perfect iPads may not be looking for imperfections as closely as you are. I have a "perfect" iPad, but I haven't checked mine for dead/hot pixels or imperfections in the glass. I just lay back and enjoy my iPad.

If you ask me, you are being much too picky about this. I can't imagine any other company allowing you to open this many items. Find one that is 99.9% and just be happy.

11. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

You are totally right. £559 is not a joke, and you should expect your screen to have no dead pixels or any mark on it.

12. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

My advice: stay single. A wife and kids cost far more than an iPad.

13. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

I have a hard time believing that 5 iPads you looked at were not to your satisfaction. My vote is you are too fussy.

14. noteple macrumors 65816

Fussy ???

Go into any Apple Store and look at the display models.

Do you see any imperfection????

No I think not.

15. mizzoucat macrumors regular

Yes, you are being too fussy. Everyone who claims to have a "perfect" iPad just isn't looking hard enough. All iPads have defects if you look hard enough for them. So just stop looking for them!!!

I blame Apple for this OCPD phenomenon that has taken Apple users by storm. Apple is so good at marketing that it creates this image in people's minds that it's products are perfect in every way. Do you think people spend hours upon hours discussing pixels, backlights, and yellow screens on Acer Iconia Tab forums?

16. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Well I just came back from the Apple store.

I went through 450 iPads, every single one had a defect.

**** Apple.

17. harry454 macrumors 6502

Hey it could be possible the store you got it from had a bad batch...try another Apple Store maybe?

18. Dextux macrumors member

I returned my perfect 16gb iPad for a 32 gb iPad...that night I note
    Iced it had a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. Best buy had no problem returning it. Had to go with a 64 go one but has a perfect screen.

19. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

Same goes for me. I have never once looked for imperfections in my screen, tinted colors, etc. and neither has anyone I have ever handed it to. I've got grown-up problems to worry about rather than this.

20. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

I exchanged my Ipad 2, 4 times until I got one that didn't have dead pixels or major light leaks.

To each their own.

21. Yggbert macrumors regular

If it affects the screen in any way then yep you should take it back.

If it's a tiny scratch on the back or something but you have a perfect screen then that is acceptable I think, I mean it's not worth the risk of getting a screen that's yellow/dead pixel'd or has a lot of bleed

22. sectime macrumors 6502a

I LIKE that manager, nice customer skills:D
    A very classy piss off don't you think?

23. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Yet you were bothered enough by these "kiddie problems" to find the time to inject yourself into this discussion? I guess those grown-up problems aren't that pressing.

24. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Beauty, and by association perfection, is in the eye of the beholder. You may or may not hold the same definition of perfection that I do.

25. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I guess I am just lucky - got mine on day one. Ran the dead pixel and stuck pixel test and have none. No yellow tint. No screen defects. Mine is about as "perfect" as can be.