Is this true?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fanboi4life, Oct 15, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

doesn't matter if it's true or not, what matters is if it will affect you. Which it won't if you're not a drug dealer, rapist, murderer, or some other criminal that the government wants.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Apple patents anything they can think of. When they include it in a product, then we can talk about it.

I don't think this one is particularly likely to happen, though. I don't see how it would help sell more phones, so the chances of them doing it are slim. That's always what it comes down to.

3. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Honestly if you're not a criminal then why worry?!

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Did either of you actually watch the video?

It sounds extremely troubling if they did actually do it. I'm not worried because I don't think they'll do it, but you two seem to be under the impression that allowing Ticketmaster to turn off your phone would be just great.

That doesn't sound, like, bad to you at all?

5. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I have known about this for a while. And what's wrong with that? You're focusing on the negatives instead of the positives. What about those unruly people in movie theatres that are talking on their phones ruining the experience for everyone? What about the people that illegally record movies or concerts?

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm pretty sure they'll just keep using non-cellular cameras.

This is another one of those "causes problems for law-abiding people but stops absolutely zero criminals" kind of thing.

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Back In the late 90's they set up gsm blocking devices in a few cinimas where I was living. It didn't last long but I could see the use!

Blocking apps or phone functionality has its advantages. Does it bother me? Nope!

8. Fanboi4life thread starter macrumors regular

Fanboi4life

I can almost understand enabling some camera functions in "private" functions like concerts for copyright reasons but this sounds downright big brother-ish to me...

9. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

+1 on that. Where do they draw the line? Once they start, its easier and easier for government/corporate rule over individuals to grow out of control.

Is it REALLY illegal for me to snap a pic at a concert and send it to family who couldn't make it? Or record a crappy 30 second clip? That does not equate a loss sale, merely drives up interest in the band, therefore selling more concert tickets.

The experience of being at a concert could never be replicated by self-shot video footage.

10. jaysen macrumors 6502

What if he is...?

11. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Well he probably should be worrying about other things then lol And also it isn't even a positive thing that they are going to use it and if they do it will be a while down the road

12. Bruins Fan macrumors member

Bruins Fan

Well, I do have a problem with this. :mad: Not cool on any front, and I'm no criminal.

13. GetSwole37 macrumors member

More than anything, probably disable camera/video functionality. Wondering if all you have to do is go Airplane mode prior to entering zone. Honestly, I find it amusing that people go to concerts and record a entire song etc , therefore watching the concert through their phone. Silly! As for me wanting to take a pic w friends at a concert. Wtf? I should be able to take a picture. We all aren't there trying to bootleg a concert or a movie.

14. Generik777 macrumors regular

Generik777

This. Just because apple patents something doesn't mean that they ever have or had plans use it. If they think of something, they just patent it to protect the rights to it should the desire ever come up for such a technology by them or anyone else.

15. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

If Apple every disabled a product I paid good money for.. I'd make it my mission in life to sue them and get the lawsuit covered by every tech blog on this known Earth.

16. mebehere macrumors regular

This is the Internet, right? I'm not clicking on a link with no description. You might want to add one.

17. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

What about those unruly people protesting police brutality? Or those troublemakers protesting government policies?

It's a slippery slope.

18. jaysen macrumors 6502

You know how you combat this; don't buy the product easy peasy. If its a work phone, keep it work related.

This is nothing different than say on-star or BMW assist