Is This Type of Laptop Stand/Tray Ergonomic & Better For You?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HappyDude20, Jan 9, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I made an intuitive purchase yesterday at Ikea. I bought a laptop tray thing, pictures included. It doesn't make too much of a difference when i'm crashing on the couch and place this thing on my laptop as compared to when I just have the MBP on my lap.

Currently, as i'm typing this I have the MBP on this Ikea tray thing while its on a desk. I'm typing away and rather than my MBP sitting normally on the desk, its now angled with this tray...

....so is this really better for you? I find it a bit odd, perhaps i may just need to get adjusted to it...heck, i dont know which is why i'm posting this.

I do see this tray as coming in handy though when my wireless apple mighty mouse and keyboard arrive and i use those while the MBP rests on the tray @ the back of my desk...

Attached Files:

2. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

I prefer straight stands since they require less tilt of the screen.

3. Durwood macrumors newbie

probably keeps it cooler.

I use a m-stand balanced on my belly if I'm crashed on the sofa or in bed (sometimes a tad precarious) and a wireless keyboard if my MBP is on the coffee table.

4. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I personally can't stand trays or stands when I'm sitting with it on my lap. And the only reason I bought the Rain mStand for my dest was to lessen the chances of liquid damage.