Is Touchbar battery problem fixed? How to tell if my battery life is good?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hello12, May 27, 2017.

1. hello12 macrumors regular

I recently purchased a 13" touch bar MacBook and am wondering if I am getting good battery life or not. It seems that sometimes when I am just browsing the Internet and listening to music the battery drains fast. Not sure if I am imagining it or not due to me paying too much attention to it.
    Heres a screenshot of the activity log at 65% charge left. Does that seem about right? Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 4.28.43 PM.png

2. CestLucas macrumors newbie

CestLucas

Why is your Safari usage so high? What kind of website you are on?

My 15inch is easily up to 10 hours. I was watching 2 hours of YouTube videos.

[​IMG]

3. ryguy92000 macrumors regular

ryguy92000

The intermittency of the touchbar battery models is well documented. And remains a reason for a lot of people not getting them.

4. hello12 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I am out of the 2 week return policy already so I guess there is nothing I can do?
    --- Post Merged, May 29, 2017 ---
    Facebook and other basic websites.. along with iMessage and mail. Is that activity monitor that I posted not good battery life for this MacBook? Wondering if I should bring it to the Apple Store...

5. fokmik macrumors 65816

mine can reach 9 hours if im not working on it,only music, video,browsing etc..so we are talking light usage here right?

6. hello12 thread starter macrumors regular

Right now I am at 25%, listening to music and browsing the internet (this forum and a couple of other sites). And at 25% it says there is 1 hour and 32 minutes left on the activity monitor. Does this seem right?

7. mfram macrumors 65816

Lower your screen brightness if you haven't already. Screen brightness has a huge impact on your battery life.

8. hello12 thread starter macrumors regular

I keep it at like 50%
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2017 ---
    So at 100% it says I have 5 hours and 37 minutes of remaining time and the only thing I am using is safari, email, and iMessage. The screen brightness is at 50%. Is it worth me going to the Apple Store for this?

Attached Files:

9. fokmik macrumors 65816

What screen res are you using? I have the 900hdpi, i think you are on current gen default one 1050p?

10. hello12 thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure how to check that. I have not changed any settings with the resolution though

11. Haemorrhage macrumors member

Haemorrhage

Make sure you have an AV installed. Scan for malware, adware etc...

Keep us updated whether you have discovered anything that's been eating your battery...