Is Trump sick? His ‘medical letter’ shows every sign of being a fake

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I checked out the "website" myself, but got a slightly different result:

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 6.44.15 PM.jpg
    Needless to say I closed the tab, I didn't click on that "Close" button. It also note the purported URL:

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 6.44.26 PM.jpg
    To continue:

Yeah, that last line sounds like a doctor writing, and not Donald himself. ;)

Linque

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

do you really need a medical report to say he is sick?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'll bet it was actually written by Trump's PR guy, "John Miller".

6. zin, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016

zin macrumors 6502

Wasn't this letter released in 2015? Why are people grasping at it now?

Edit: Nevermind, read the rest of the link. The author wrote this article on the defensive because people are asking questions about Hillary's health.

7. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

8. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The author indulged in a little bit of "turnabout is fair play" by asking what medical problem Donald might hiding, but it was in order to make a point: that you can take a few observations and cobble up almost anything out of them. Then you cover it up by adding, "I'm not saying Trump is sick, I'm just asking questions. You know, I'm hearing this from a lot of people." (In Trump's case, those people are the voices that live in his head.)

Trump's problems are probably not physiological, but they almost certainly are psychological -- and this is just more evidence. Why concoct a fake letter from your doctor -- who may not even be real himself? If he is real, what's the deal with this amateur hour letter that sounds just like Trump, as well as the phony website? Again, it's just like Trump's hubris to put out something like this and think nobody would check on it.

Never mind Obama's birth certificate. Trump needs to show us this Dr. Bornstein...and explain to us why a gastroenterologist is the guy who issues medical opinions as if he's an internist.

Oh yeah, and we're still waiting for Donald's tax returns as well.

By the way: please don't try to draw false equivalencies between that happy horse**** about Hillary's so-called "seizures" and a legitimate desire to know whether Trump falsified this letter, and if so, why.

9. 1458279 Suspended

Here he is actually taking the exam, you tell me...

--- Post Merged, Aug 16, 2016 ---
    Just to be fair (and you know I'm always fair) here's Hillary medical exam:
    hillaryslips_small.jpg

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ironic that you ask the question of why people are grasping at Trump's health now when the right wing was grasping at Hillary's long ago and is only talking about it again now because Sean Hannity needed something to talk about last week.

Yet another example of grasping. This was from way back in Feb. when she slipped on some steps. Big deal. You have never ever slipped on anything before? And why does it even matter when it comes down to it? We did have a President in a wheelchair afterall. Must have not affected the job he did since he was elected four times and served 12 years!

11. A.Goldberg, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

His doctor is probably a private pay consierge doc. He probably doesn't have a medical office with staff, rather caters to the NYC elite making house calls. I suspect he's a one man show.

It's not uncommon for doctors to use MS word to type their letters. Unless he hired a graphic designer tondo his letter head, the likely older Doctor made it in MS word.

Some more sophisticated EHR programs have means of creating notes within the system, but by and large most docs I've seen with small practices are just going to use MS Word.

It's also highly probable considering the time frame he is near retirement. He's probably not looking for new patients or simply relies on word of mouth. Therefore the website might not be needed anymore. And perhaps he's still using an old letterhead template.

As someone who works in medicine I don't see anything particularly suspicious with any of this.

I can tell you one of the hospital's ER here in Boston, one of the most elite hospitals in the world mind you, prints our prescriptions on something you could easily fake on a typewriter. Courier font. Quite ridiculous in an age of concern over fradulent prescriptions.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 16, 2016 ---
    P.S. Many doctor's grammar and spelling is often quite poor.

The fact of the matter is there are loads of skeevy doctors out there for hire. I see it all the time, especially dealing with drug addicts trying to get sober who keep running off to their old docs who know they have a problem and keep writing scripts for abusable drugs. Doctors are not necessarily have high ethics. For all we know trump hired this doc simply to write the letter. That would be the most reasonable explanation of Trump was hiding something.

Judging by Trumps presentation and activity, physically he looks quite healthy (mentally is another story IMO). Honestly, if Trump (or Hillary) was "that sick" they probably wouldn't be able to handle the stress and travel and focus of a presidential campaign.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

A female OB/GYN just destroyed Trump's "letter".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jenni...erning-trumps-medical-letter_b_11565838.html?

And before those Trump Supporters and those on the right claim "foul, HuffPo is left leaning!!", they only reprinted this, as Dr. Gunter initially posted this on her blog. And additionally before someone tries to go after her, here are her credentials:

https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/about-me/

Trump's physician letter just got pwned.

BL.