Is Verizon's 5S compatible with AT&T and Tmobile's 3G and LTE networks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Obscurelight, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

As stated in the title would the verizon 5S be compatible with AT&T and Tmobile's network? Thanks

2. evilrt macrumors regular

evilrt

Yes. But Verizon will not activate a phone from AT&T.

3. cnotes2019 Suspended

There are plenty of threads that already answer this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

4. wxman2003 Suspended

I'm amazed that the media has not picked up this. The Verizon iphone 5s is the first phone to work on all major US carriers. Not just the standard 3G bands, but also the LTE bands. No other phone can do that. It truly is the first phone you can take from carrier to carrier without a problem.

5. cnotes2019 Suspended

Except sprint (among the top four carriers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. lancia832 macrumors member

Re verizon 5s on att LTE bands

This is exactly why i am still waiting to buy a 5s , once this is clarified with an actual demo on you tube or anywhere else ,that the Verizon phone can use the att sim on Lte bands ,i will buy tne Verizon one even tough i am an att customer because i think it will have a better resale value , that you can activate it on all networks if you need to jump from one to another. Any verizon buyer that actualy tried a 5s phone with an att sim , and got Lte speeds with it would do a really big favour to all of us that are still waiting for this confirmation , and i Thank you ! a lot in advance .

7. Obscurelight thread starter macrumors 6502

Does Tmobile's 3G work only if they are refarmed?

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

On the 5s it works no matter what. Tmobile AT&T and Verizon share the same model 5S.

9. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

The Verizon iPhone is GSM unlocked by law. It works with any GSM carrier. There is nothing to wait and prove. Buy it.

----------

The T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon iPhone are all the same model and support all US bands. The Verizon or unlocked AT&T iPhone will work with T-Mobile LTE/4G. Refarmed area or not.

Theoretically you could take an AT&T or T-Mobile unlocked version to Verizon. The model supports CDMA. But Verizon will not add another carrier's phone to their network.

10. mush10 macrumors regular

While you have to trust me that I bought my iPhone from Verizon, here is a quick speedtest. Speeds are not relevant, but you can clearly see I am having no problem with LTE on AT&T using a Verizon iPhone 5S.

[​IMG]

11. skimcpip macrumors regular

You don't need to wait. It's an unlocked phone. I bought a Verizon 5S and I'm using it with TMobile LTE.

12. KPOM macrumors G5

I don't have a YouTube account, but I bought a Verizon iPhone "device only" in the store on Saturday and the first thing I did was put my AT&T SIM in it. I am getting LTE speeds. The Verizon iPhone 5s is the same as the AT&T version in all respects except it also supports CDMA.

BTW, I don't even have a Verizon account. The sales person didn't ask me. Just buy it device-only. Unfortunately, you won't be able to use the online in-store pickup option (that requires entering account information), but you can at least get a sense of what stores near you have phones in stock online by going through the motions online. This year it appears that the online in-store pickup is in addition to, rather than instead of in-store physical sales.

13. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

The AT&T customers that bought VZW iPhone paid full price? Or did you buy the phone from Apple at the upgraded price? How does that work?

14. Aylan macrumors regular

Aylan

I am interested to see how to make this work as well. I am on AT&T and want to buy the Verizon 5s. I want to buy it full price but the Apple store will not let me do it unless I create a share everything plan. Is there a way to do this without becoming a Verizon customer?

15. lancia832 macrumors member

Re verizon 5s with att sim

Thank you ! All you guys that posted a reply to my question , i will get one verizon device only full price from Apple store when they will get them in suficient suply , maybe in like a month or two .i think will have a much better resale value if i decide to sell it next year . Thank you !all.