Is White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer on Vacation or suffering a Mental Breakdown?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, May 11, 2017.

1. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

2. poloponies Suspended

Like her father she is a true believer, which means "god" is behind every one of her statements, truthful or otherwise, if it furthers a conservative "Christian" agenda. Spicer has some remnant of a conscience which fights him at every turn and gets him flustered. The Huckabees can spout every lie imaginable and still pass a polygraph.

3. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Typically when Spicer has a mental breakdown it is associated with him showing up for work, so I don't think it's that.

4. Huntn, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017

Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

This firing happened yesterday, I had to chuckle when she claimed she had spoken to multiple people, (the word she used was countless,) at the FBI who agreed with the firing and when asked about who, her answer reminded me of Indiana Jones "people" (texts, emails)... right. ;)

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Isn't he on Navy Reserve duty right now?

ETA: Yes he is.

6. Huntn, May 11, 2017

Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Compared to being The Trump Admin Press Secretary, definietly a vacation. ;)

7. DrewDaHilp1, May 11, 2017

DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I don't know man it's the Navy. :D

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm amazed Sean Spicer hasn't already had a mental breakdown, having to justify all the crazy stuff Trump does. This reserve duty will at least delay it for a while.

I'm guessing the Navy will put Spicer in charge of telling North Korea which way the Carl Vinson is headed.

9. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

I'll comment as a former USN Officer, I'm a bit distressed listening to the dishonesty of a fellow officer on a daily basis.

10. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I kind of admire the guy for being able to take an intellectual beating from all sides.

11. SusanK macrumors 68000

She can lie with the best of them

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

How convenient that he is out of the spotlight the same week Melissa McCarthy is scheduled to host SNL. I'm sure that's all just one big coincidence. ;)

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Well there's one way to find out. Do a FOIA request for his training schedule. Heck you might even be able to find it online if we knew what unit he was in.
    ETA: Apparently he's assigned to the Pentagon. The times for summer camp are coming up though.

14. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Pudgie McPudgeface meets height and weight to be in the Navy..I'll have to take back all the fat jokes I said under my breath with the large rear ends and healthy paunches I've seen wrapped in ACU's..

15. DrewDaHilp1, May 11, 2017

DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I was wondering about his H/W. Let me see if I can find the picture I saw, but it looks like the dude just has some really broad shoulders and cheap ill fitted suits.

This looks like the pic I was looking at.

[​IMG]

In Uniform
    [​IMG]

He looks to be on the short side
    [​IMG]

16. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Yea in uniform he looks like a normal 40 something so I agree it's just bad suits.

17. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Needs more Amy Robach.

18. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

He got stuck hiding for cover in the White House bushes.
    --- Post Merged, May 11, 2017 ---
    I think she is as much of a fool as Spicer. I saw some of the press conference and she blantly lied by saying the WH as been consistent and it's the media that driving a narrative. No, liar, we have y'all recorded lying about why Comey was fired.

19. Nefilim Suspended

That sounds like the perfect nightmare. Cultists unite.

20. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

I'm a former Easter Bunny. Imagine how I feel.

Mike

21. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

Is this the one who keeps tripping over her words and struggles to form coherent sentences? Not to mention the uncontrollable grins when responding to reporter questions and sly digs which would make Spicer proud. I think there's not much substance to her IMO.

Now, Conway, she is dangerous. She is very smart and intellectual to the extent that she can easily respond with detailed responses without resorting to the empty responses of Trump's official mouthpieces. Conway is possibly the top spin doctor and master media manipulator on Trump's staff. A very dangerous one.

22. Tapiture, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017

Tapiture macrumors 6502a

Tapiture

I hate when people praise Sarah Huckabee or Kellyanne Conway for being good at lying and bu**shi**ing. It's like praising Goebbels for effectively brainwashing Germany.

23. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

I can't disputed you, but I only listened today to one briefing, and the lies rolled off her tongue very nicely. :oops:
    Hint, it's not a sincere complement, also known as a backhanded complement. Ideally, the person delivering this compliment does not admire the target. ;)

24. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Eventually when he does get kicked out of the Trump WH (just a matter of when)….. Spicer will need a good therapist.

25. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

I agree, but I don't have any sympathy for him. Before the Press Secretary job, he was a sleazy Trump talking head spinning the same kind of BS on MSNBC. But before he was not nearly under as much pressure and his confidence was much higher. I sensed a substantial change in his personality when he got the new job, with frequent deer in the headlights looks as can I get this out with a straight face?
    I don't, not when his integrity is examined.
    He's back tomorrow just in time, I think. :)