Is your iP5 home button uneven??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tcoche, Sep 23, 2012.

1. tcoche, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

tcoche macrumors member

This is the only little gripe I have with my ip5. I compared my home button to my wifes ip4s and my daughters ip4. Theirs are totally flush with the glass. However, mine dips inwards on the left. This is more ocd than anything but I can feel the edge slightly while pressing it. Do you think the apple store can take it apart and adjust it??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. standingquiet macrumors 6502

standingquiet

My iphone 4s is like this and its always bothered me but Apple said there was no issue.

3. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Wow. And I thought the 4S cosmetic issues were bad.

OP: Take it back and exchange it. These iphone 5's seem to be getting produced so fast their ignoring quality control.

4. chillstatus macrumors member

Mine is not uneven, but the square on the home button is not level with the other lines on the phone, it's slightly angled maybe 3 or 4 degrees.

5. Robb. macrumors member

6. StuLax18 macrumors 6502

I think I would get it replaced, only because my 4 has the home button issue where it doesn't work 100% and I wouldn't want to risk it.

7. drbf macrumors member

8. tcoche thread starter macrumors member

well I scheduled a genius bar appt for tom morning. Hope they can just take the phone apart and maybe adjust the button. I'd hate to start all over with a new phone. I have this one the way I want it.

9. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Mines perfect. That may actually be something worth exchanging for, only because it could let dust in there and screw up the home button clickiness.

10. bobright macrumors 601

Good luck but they aren't going to do that, they just give u a replacement phone with no box and send the old damaged ones out

11. tcoche thread starter macrumors member

Thats what I figured. I canceled my appt. I bought this off ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330711146577 tonight. It was only $4.50 with FREE shipping. I get everything I need. :D I also been watching teardown videos on youtube. I will fix this button myself. It looks super easy!! 2 screws on the bottom, pull display off with suction cup, unscrew 3 screws, unplug 3 ribbon cables, unscrew 2 screws on top of home button....viola!!!! :)

12. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a