Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Open a blank safari tab. Do notice certain areas of your iPhone 4S displays white darker, and certain areas displays it lighter? Look at it straight on, not at an angle.

"Issue: There is a white strip light in the middle of the phone which is slightly visible."

I just got my old one exchanged for a new one, and the genius said it is not normal. On my old one, it was pretty noticeable specially in Reader mode, on my new one it's about half as apparent. You can't see it unless you look for it.

Does this happen to everyone?

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Open a blank safari tab. Do notice certain areas of your iPhone 4S displays white darker, and certain areas displays it lighter? Look at it straight on, not at an angle.

"Issue: There is a white strip light in the middle of the phone which is slightly visible."

I just got my old one exchanged for a new one, and the genius said it is not normal. On my old one, it was pretty noticeable specially in Reader mode, on my new one it's about half as apparent. You can't see it unless you look for it.

Yes, I can see that "white strip light" in the middle on both my iPhone 4S if I look for it. :( One was bought in the middle of November while the other one was bought 3 days ago. I thought it is normal but seeing what you've written, I guess it's not & I should bring them both back to Apple for an exchange.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. :)

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2009
I don't have this issue also, but I had it on one of my previous replaced 4S'. Can you post some pic?

jeremyshaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2011
Likely caused by pressure against the backlight diffuser sheet (to spread out the LED backlight bar behind the IPS panel), but it's not normal (at least it shouldn't be).

sirpots

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Nebraska

not you again :/

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
I'm not going to bother replacing it as the white light isn't very noticeable. However, my home button doesn't go as far as on my old one, and doesn't deliver the 'click' sound. Should I be concerned?

Eager Beaver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2011
Chicago, IL

It's an upgrade from the 4, be happy with it like everyone else please -

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I'm not going to bother replacing it as the white light isn't very noticeable. However, my home button doesn't go as far as on my old one, and doesn't deliver the 'click' sound. Should I be concerned?

Yes you should. Go sell your phone and buy an Android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.