Is Your Iphone's Battery Life Better/Worse/Same After JailBreak???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by YaBoiD, May 20, 2011.

?

Is Your Iphone's Battery Life Better/Worse/Same After JailBreak?

1. Same

49 vote(s)
    68.1%
  2. Worse

20 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Better

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

I just purchased my iPhone 4 about a month ago coming from Android & have been extremely pleased with the battery life so far. However, I want to JB & just install BiteSMS and LockInfo. How is battery life after JB'ing? Is it the same, worse, or better compared to stock battery life????

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Never had an issue with my battery life even before JB so I'll have to say it's the same.

3. YaBoiD thread starter macrumors regular

YaBoiD

A lot of users state they are experiencing slightly less battery life. Some say it hasn't changed. I cannot imagine it would change that drastically by JB'ing & installing BiteSMS & LockInfo.

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I almost think its better mostly because I was able to disable IOS's crappy multitasking feature and use backgrounder instead to control what runs in the background

5. YaBoiD thread starter macrumors regular

YaBoiD

I wasn't aware that could be disabled or there was an option for that. I'll probably try the same.

6. YaBoiD thread starter macrumors regular

YaBoiD

Will SBSettings contribute to decrease in battery life? It looks very useful and will probably try it out. TIA

7. noiceT macrumors 6502a

I actually had the best battery life on iOS 4.0 (no jb, nothing).

Moved up to 4.1 (no jb) and saw a significant drop in battery life.

Ever since then though, all is the same; consistent.

8. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I would say due to customization it has gotten worse. but with the ease of access for brightness+wifi+others in sbsettings it has gone up.
    With programs like backgrounder editing multitasking and lockinfo for quick lockscreen info without having to dive into your phone.. I would say better. but its not attributed to the fact that the filesystem is unlocked, its due to what you do after that.

9. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

what kind of customization are you talking about?

currently jailbroken with themes running and battery seems the same

10. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Haptic feedback, mobile substate(winterboard uses, highly debated.. I think winterboard doesn't use anything significant but other tweaks using may, personal opinion), clean status(mobile substrate again), Shrink, iconoclasm, switchermod, activator, etc

11. Internal Fury macrumors 6502

my battery dies quicker now but i have some widgets on which is the cause of it

12. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

themes = memory + cpu cycles

come on this isn't rocket science your running a substrate above the GUI

skinning ( in any os that uses 3rd party software) = will use up cpu cycles ( windowblinds for example)

avoid winterboard if you want the best battery life ( even if its as little as 1-5% per day)

my battery life hasn't changed but I use mostly tweaks vs skins/icons/fonts

13. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

jasvncnt

Funny but I have no idea. I cant remember the last time I was "stock"

14. gta50419 macrumors 6502

It also make your iphone/ipod slow & sluggish. I think i'll skip jbing this iphone.

15. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Cydia should add another option when you install it.....

User
    Hacker
    Developer
    And the new one...

Anal battery life worrier

If you choose the latter....Cydia will say 'No Jailbreak for YOU!' and reboot to stock firmware.......

16. Almeuit macrumors regular

/shrug

Like one person said ... if you theme your phone like crack and stuff your phone has to load more .. so more power ..

I had awesome battery before jailbreaking my iphone 4 16GB. I jailbroke it and still have the same awesome batter life because i use only tweaks. Themes and stuff just don't matter to me ... i could care less how much i can jizz over a theme on my phone ... i got my PC for that cuz its a beast. I just use tweaks like biteSMS / sbsettings etc etc.

But again this is just a opinion .. some people love to customize their phone .. im just not one of em. But i can say for only tweaks ... my battery is just as good.

17. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

My battery life decreased a little, which was why I picked worse. When I had sbsettings installed, my battery life took such a nosedive that I uninstalled it post-haste.
    JB alone doesn't kill the battery. It's the programs that determine that.

18. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

I don't know. As soon as I got home with my iPhone 4 on Verizon, I jailbroke it. So I guess the same, but I'm really not sure. :eek:

19. FortMOney macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Trust me man, sbsettings and lockinfo are just the basics of jailbreaking. You will find yourself dling all kinds of little tweaks to bring the iPhone to it's full potential. Check out fake clock up, mobilenotifier, fullscreen for safari, etc