Is your MSN Messenger working at the moment?

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
1,609
0
UK
Hi, are any other people having problems signing into msn messenger???
 

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
19,239
1
London, England
I wasn't able to sign in for days, eventually this morning I tried dumping all the pref files I could find and now it's fine.

[edit]
Actually this is the only pref file I could find:
/users/username/Library/Preferences/Microsoft
Scrap this file "MSN Messenger Preferences"
[/edit]
 

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
19,239
1
London, England
Originally posted by Falleron
Cheers verbose101, it works fine now I trashed the prefs.
Weird huh, it was driving me MAD these past few days when I just could not sign on. Oh well, at least I know what to do in future.
 

sphereboy

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2002
301
0
MIAMI.FL.USA
Yeahp. that happened to me..for days.. one morning i was enlightened with the idea to trash the Pref files...

BaM! .. it worked. :)

..( just my story
 

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
19,239
1
London, England
Originally posted by tfaz1
Does anyone here use iChat as their primary instant-messenger app?
Not me, I can't. I always sign into it, but most of my friends are on PC's and use MSN, so I use MSN Msgr more than anything.
 

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
3,099
0
MSN is not good, I can't log in 80% of the time

AIM is by far the best, ICQ is ok, but my friends don't use that
 

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
19,239
1
London, England
Originally posted by mac15
MSN is not good, I can't log in 80% of the time
Problem is is that for winblows users MSN Msgr offers so many more features other than just IM....webcam meetings, audio meetings, shared white boards, remote desktop, file transfer etc, it's tough to tare people away from that to something that offers none of the above.
 

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
3,099
0
Originally posted by verbose101

Problem is is that for winblows users MSN Msgr offers so many more features other than just IM....webcam meetings, audio meetings, shared white boards, remote desktop, file transfer etc, it's tough to tare people away from that to something that offers none of the above.
my ISP says I can make free phone calls if I had the windows version of MSN, but since you can't make phone calls from the MSN on OSX I can't make free calls, which sucks, I was really hoping to get something for free :(
 

iwantanewmac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2001
356
0
Originally posted by verbose101

Nope what? :confused:
lol sorry there I was in a bit of a hurry.
(had to rush to find my cellphone that was going off)

I meant nope I haven't got any problems signing in. :)

sorry again.
 

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
19,239
1
London, England
Originally posted by iwantanewmac


lol sorry there I was in a bit of a hurry.
(had to rush to find my cellphone that was going off)

I meant nope I haven't got any problems signing in. :)

sorry again.
lol, no need to apologize, I just wasn't sure what you were saying "nope" to. :)